follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

letting go

i was reminded of this during my yoga class this morning.
letting go of all the "i can'ts", "i won'ts" and "i don'ts"...
focusing on the present, the here and the now....
always remembering to breathe.
my yoga practice of late has been sporadic
and usually involves popping a video or dvd in the machine.
it is not the same when you are engaged in a live class.
i had forgotten how important it is to have someone there
gently observing and, at times, reminding you to
{honor yourself} {it is not a race} {connect the body with the mind}
{observe how you feel with each posture} {be present} {think positive thoughts}...
i awoke this morning with feelings of anxiety and despair.
but now i have noticed that my mind has quieted
and my inner peace, restored.
that is why i do yoga...
it reminds me to let go
and be.

3 Comments:

  • At 3/28/2006 01:14:00 PM, Blogger andria said…

    That is why I love yoga too. It really helps me raise my kids, keeps me centered and calm. Glad to hear you are feeling better this afternoon.

     
  • At 3/28/2006 01:48:00 PM, Blogger firstborn said…

    thanks andria for your kind comment...i appreciate it more than you'll ever know...

    yoga rocks!
    mary ann :)

     
  • At 3/28/2006 02:03:00 PM, Blogger JUST ME said…

    Mary Ann,

    I am glad you are feeling a little better.... Keep your chin up.

    love ya, angie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!