follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, March 17, 2006

my lucky day

something told me to go antiquing today. after running a few errands, i headed off to my favorite antique mall and came across these lucky finds... i think i will fashion some sort of storage unit with the orange crates and drawers. i'm always searching for handy storage for my crafty items. a few years ago, i bought these rusty bin pull handles from a cool antique tool company in liberty, me. for 90 cents, a set of three, i thought i could use them in some way though i didn't know for what. it just seemed like too good of a thing to pass up. anyway, now i can finally put them to good use with the 3 drawers!
funny
how you might
come across something
but don't have any immediate use for it. and then time passes
and you find something that will just go perfectly with it. i like when this happens
and it seems this
happens frequently to me and that's wicked cool...

if i'm not mistaken, the claddaugh symbol, so quintessentially irish, stands for love, faith and loyalty... so appropriate this st. paddy's day.

speaking of which, enjoy what's left of st. paddy's day-- may luck be yours always! Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

  • At 3/17/2006 07:38:00 PM, Blogger flux said…

    At first I thought the top picture of the storage unit was that of a doll house. Thinking to my self that the doll house's odd red and blue addons look a little to modern. Now I can see the storage unit sorry.

     
  • At 3/18/2006 09:07:00 AM, Anonymous jogi said…

    Cool Beans, Ate! Those are so useful and cottagy looking-luv it alot! You're so right that you're always lucky to find neat stuff...hey, "NEAT STUFF"...hmmm you know what I mean??? Keepin' notes!

     
  • At 3/18/2006 09:11:00 AM, Anonymous jogi/logi said…

    Oops, I forgot to tell you that I love the Claddagh sign. That's been dh (darling hubby) and now the kids' motto forever since we've met 18 years ago. Love, Loyalty and Friendship...That's our beautiful Sweet Angel Sinead's born to eternity grave marker...One of my favorite images...

     
  • At 3/18/2006 09:33:00 AM, Blogger scotty2hottiewife said…

    Hey, is the blue tool box a "find" for Joe?I love your collections!When are you going next? Could you use a stowaway in the car with you?

     
  • At 3/18/2006 12:30:00 PM, Anonymous logi said…

    Reya...check out these other blog sites: Believe you be; Just Be connected; while she naps; inspire thursday (I think these are their Blog names. They're really cool and you could see what other stuff they did like put on the side their favorite other blog sites to go to etc...

     
  • At 3/18/2006 06:58:00 PM, Blogger firstborn said…

    thanks logi for correcting me about the claddaugh! i was almost close, right?

    and allison, you can always stow away whenever i get the urge to go antiquing! i thought the blue (actually aqua) tote i could use to store stamps or loose stickers/embellishments...i dunno yet! and the beauty of it all was that i didn't break the bank! each item was 10.00 or less. no kidding!!!!! you name when and we'll take a jaunt to campus antique mall!

     
  • At 3/18/2006 07:01:00 PM, Blogger firstborn said…

    hey logi, thanks for those other blog sites...i'll check those out...i've already checked out 'inspire me thursday'...there's angie's blog, called 'be true be u' --that's a good one. once i learn how to do links, i'll post my fave blogs.

    and allison, let me know when you start your blog and maybe you can teach me how to do links???? i'm so computer illiterate!

     
  • At 3/18/2006 10:43:00 PM, Blogger JUST ME said…

    Great finds Mary Ann.... I went to the antique store the other day and found some pictures. I never buy anything else even though there are alot of treasures to be bought..........

    Love, Loyalty and friendship to youuuuu always,

    angelica

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!