follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Sunday, April 23, 2006

mixed media memoirs no.5

thanks rita, this week's guest m3 artist all the way from china...she suggested this topic: my ideal home would look like... and i responded with an angle shot of the back porch of the old farmhouse house that we lived in in maine and added all sorts of nifty what-nots mostly cut out from my favorite home magazines like: country living, cottage living and country gardener...i've also used some stickers and collage papers as you can see... and my primary message: a sweet, comforting refuge from the outside world (among other things!). i've depicted words, things and also actual pictures from our beloved maine* that pretty much describe what is necessary for our house to be our {ideal} home...and what would make it even more fantastic would be a house built by my husband's hands! he is a {master} carpenter by trade and he is always talking about building our very own house one day soon...and built to our specifications and satisfaction...{huge, tremendous sigh!} *(like the back porch...there have been countless times we, along with our cats, have walked in and out of there to enjoy the huge yard and my lovely garden... and then in the upper lefthand corner, acadia nat'l park overlooking frenchman's bay, where joe and i loved to go hiking, especially in the winter, where the park is virtually to ourselves.) i'm just a simple kind of gal who just wants the basic comforts of home, embellished by my personal treasures and artifacts. i'm also the type who wants to seek out and enjoy all the simple pleasures in life and be so lucky enough to share it all with my husband ... that's home to me. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 4/24/2006 08:05:00 PM, Blogger JUST ME said…

    this is an awesome collage...... I went to the flea market you would love it girl... it is so cool..........

    angie wangie

     
  • At 4/26/2006 06:00:00 AM, Anonymous Felicity said…

    Hi, I love your MMM submission--it's the same thing I tried to convey with my own (submission). I want refuge...Funny thing, though, I'm in the process of moving to...PORTLAND! LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!