follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

studio friday: sparkle, shine or shimmer

hi, my name is mary ann... and i'm, um, a rubber stamp addict. and while we're at it, i'm an addicted collector too. have been since i was a wee lass and don't intend on getting reformed any time soon! for some time now, i have been steadily adding unmounted stamps to my current stamp collection (which i feel is modest in comparison to others, although my husband would beg to differ!) ...and as a consequence, i have started a small collection of acrylic blocks to mount these new additions. i also love finding these glass "frogs" (to position flower stems in a vessel) at antique shops. i do actually use them for flower arranging, but when i'm not using them for their intended purpose, i use them as either a pen/marker/tool holder or even as a paperweight. from time to time i look to my kindness stone (rocks of all types always seem to find a way home with me) and i love the feel of its smooth and polished surface. it always helps me remember to be kind even when i'm not particularly feeling very... these blocks, frogs and stone are clustered on or around the base of one of my work lamps. and the way the light hits their surfaces just makes them sparkle, shine and shimmer. i don't know why, but that makes me smile inside. it is very comforting to me to be surrounded by things that not only are functional but also quite pretty to look at. this was a great topic---thank you sf for coming up with this one! Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • At 4/18/2006 09:46:00 PM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    This is great! I don't feel so 'odd' now! I also love the antique flower frogs! Love the glass and metal ones that weigh a TON. I, too, use them for floral arrangement but inbetween you can find them scattered about, holding pens, scissors and other small tools! Too funny! I guess it's really true when people say, "Great minds think alike!!"
    ~ Gabi

     
  • At 4/19/2006 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said…

    I love the flower frog pen holder! Your desk top looks so inviting!

     
  • At 4/21/2006 12:12:00 AM, Blogger ScrappaNu said…

    Lovely shimmering collection.

    { Karin }

     
  • At 4/21/2006 10:57:00 AM, Anonymous jen said…

    OOh, shiny acrylic blocks...happy happy. IF you should ever should decide to reform your addiction, I'd be happy to take them off your hands for you...looks like a fun collection to play with!

     
  • At 4/21/2006 03:23:00 PM, Blogger Lisa Marie said…

    I've got a growing collection of acrylic blocks, too...that go with my growing collection of unmounted stamps. It is a sickness, isn't it? LOL ;)

     
  • At 4/21/2006 06:01:00 PM, Blogger tiffinix said…

    Oh my - I also have a shiny collection of acrylic blocks! Functional but pretty - although your keep yours spotless. Mine not so much! And the glass frogs are beautiful - I had no idea that was what they are called!

     
  • At 4/22/2006 12:35:00 PM, Blogger justjohanna said…

    *raising hand* me, too! stamp addict right here. and collector & obsessor over shiny things. i have never seen a floral frog in real life. but have read about them in magazines. lucky you to have one. i think i might need to get a kindness stone and keep it on my desk at work. that and maybe a muzzle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!