follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Saturday, May 13, 2006

a closer look

of the photo & postcards for this week's friday's finds...as requested by judy s.... [hi judy!] the sentiment on the postcard below this charming photo [of a brother and sister, perhaps?] reads: gladness>>>i'm very glad to meet a friend, and gladder still to see one; i'm very glad to have a friend, and i'm so glad to be one. there is no postmark date on this one or message on the otherside. it looks as though this might have been framed, due to the dark oval shape noted over the sentiment... postcard upper left hand corner: postmarked august, 1920 reads: sweetest memories>>>fair flowers fade and fall, but hearts sincere and wishes dear neer change at all. postcard upper right hand corner: postmarked august 11, 1909 [from south portland, maine!] and happy new year to you postcard postmarked december 27, 3pm, 1907 [from centerville, pa]. before blogging, i had never really looked for these tiny clues to the past on my treasure hunts...but lately, my eyes have been seeing these little gems everywhere! Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 5/13/2006 07:25:00 AM, Blogger Judy Scott said…

    Oh Mary Ann didnt cards have more depth back then they are such beauties J xxx
    thanks for posting the close ups youre a gem

     
  • At 5/13/2006 08:58:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    Beautiful cards, I just love them! I want to go find some too! I just love giving cards and reading other's cards, just precious thoughts passed along...my favorite thing to do...beautiful finds!

     
  • At 5/13/2006 04:43:00 PM, Blogger andria said…

    I absolutely love old postcards and especially the ones with photos. I had a few childless great aunts and no one wanted the pictures and cards, things they had saved for years, so my mom "inherited" them and in turn can enjoy them and take what I want. I started scrapping a lot of them that belonged to my mom's favorite aunt, but I haven't had the time or inclination to pick it up since Adam was born. They are the first thing I go for in the antique stores.....would love to know all the back stories.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 03:44:00 PM, Blogger audrey said…

    adorable postcards...i never find anything cool like that...guess I should be on the lookout more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!