follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, May 19, 2006

friday's finds [sentimental]

for friday's finds this week, the theme is sentimental finds. finding treasures from nature is always a thrill for me. when i lived in maine with my hubby i was forever collecting rocks, shells, leaves, feathers, seeds, pine cones & sea glass. i never missed an opportunity to tote something home from our walks, hikes, exploring. these gifts from nature were/are scattered about my home in maine & now here in wisconsin>>>they add warmth & joy in our home>>> like this here... & here... sometimes, when i find incredibly beautiful rocks [which are abundant from the rocky shores of maine], i like to decorate them and scatter them inside my home or outside in my garden>>>as i have done here...this is my memorial for my sweet precious niece, angel sinead...it doesn't look like much right now, but when i weed the area and the flowers pop through the earth, it will look simply divine...the rock that i used here was something i picked up during low tide at lincolnville beach, maine a few years ago... here is a close-up... angel sinead's surviving sister & brother like to come & visit her here...my sister & brother-in-law have done a lovely job in keeping precious sinead's memory alive... & i'd like to think that so have i... {if you would like to share your sentimental find, please click on the friday's finds link highlighted above OR leave a comment & post your url/blog link} Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 5/19/2006 02:08:00 PM, Blogger andria said…

    That is so sweet. I really want to do something like that for Laura, up at the lake where we spent so much time.

    I posted my friday find. It was very cathartic for me today. I haven't done the flickr thing yet, but hope to later this evening when there is a daddy around to give me some time to figure it out.

     
  • At 5/19/2006 11:14:00 PM, Anonymous Looney said…

    YES, YOU HAVE!!! Thank you so much for honoring our beautiful Sweet Angel Sinead in your garden and also in your heart! The little baby in the leaves resting so peaceful in the earth is how I'd like to remember some of our memories of our Sinead. By your gentle and kind Memorial, you help keep her soul alive! Thank you for lovingly, wholeheartdly and unconditionally joining us to keep her spirit alive. Love you, Looney

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!