follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Sunday, May 14, 2006

metamorphasis

this was inspired for inspire me thursday {art journal} and mixed media memoirs {no.8}. before blogging, i was in a deep slumber about my creative tendencies. i mean, i was still making cards and scrapbooking, but i had stopped drawing, painting and collaging pre-blogosphere days. but now, with gentle nudging from my dear friend angie , i entered the blogoshpere a few months ago and WOW, how i've transformed! i always knew that i was a creative, crafty sort inside, but blogging has really OPENED me up quite a bit! i was [& continued to be] inspired, motivated and spurred on by the many amazingly talented & like-minded souls out there... and THAT is a good thing. Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • At 5/14/2006 04:25:00 PM, Anonymous annax said…

    It is wonderful to meet like minded kindred arty people online. In a way it made me into the artist I am now. Feeling more focused and less lost.

    Your page is absolute beautiful by the way!

     
  • At 5/14/2006 06:10:00 PM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    I love that you blog! I check your blog on an almost daily basis. Every day I am on, I pop in for a "HEY HOW the heck are ya!" It's awesome to see how many other creative artsy people are out there. It's hard to find them 'in-person'. Does that make sense??
    love your Metamorphasis into blogging!!! I feel the same exact way!
    Have a great day!
    ~Gabi

     
  • At 5/14/2006 08:57:00 PM, Blogger firstborn said…

    gabi, i know exactly what you mean!!!!!! noone at work is artsy like me...sure there are scrappers, but they are neither arty nor do they blog! i'm so glad that you blog too!!!!! it's so incredibly nice to meet and connect with kindred spirits such as you gabi! i check your blog out pretty regularly too! we have a lot in common!!!!! and yes, i'll put you on my msn!!!!!!
    hope you had a wonderful mother's day!
    :) mary ann

     
  • At 5/15/2006 04:12:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    yes THAT is! what fun it has been so far, I just cannot wait to get up in the morning! My challenge now is to stop letting the things that I am unhappy about consume my day and get on with the things that make me smile! starting my day out right by reading your blog and melbas puts me in the place I want to be.....

     
  • At 5/15/2006 03:40:00 PM, Blogger audrey said…

    great page Mary Ann. I have been so busy lately and haven't been able to drop by your blog and now I see there is so much that I missed. Gotta go catch up on your doings :0)

     
  • At 5/16/2006 02:30:00 PM, Blogger Joy Eliz said…

    This is gorgeous!

     
  • At 5/18/2006 08:36:00 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    This is a lovely journal page, and beautiful way of expressing change and growth. It is pretty amazing how becoming part of the blogging community of artists pushes us out of our comfort zone and into creating as (perhaps) never before. Glad you're out there blogging!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!