follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, May 26, 2006

mixed media memoirs no.10

for the past two weeks {may 7 to may21}, i kept a log of my daily activities for this week's mmm's challenge...& MAN! i did the math>>> it wasn't pretty...i calculated that i spent approximately 70- 75% of my waking hours BLOgGInG!!!!! can i just say, what the {bleep} {bleep} {bleep}???!!!!!!! am i a total nut job or what? how can i possibly spend that much time blogging?!!!!! that was when i realized, WHOA! i need a serious time out! >>>& i did take one... BUT that did NOT last long! fuhgehdahbowdit! i was having wicked withdrawals after almost 3 days {okay, 2 days} & i just couldn't go another day without loggin & bloggin! i just had to get my fix, i mean, get back into my routine {yeah, yeah, that's right}... & you know what? my dh is so very understanding & supportive! it's like what my blogging pal, audrey, has written recently about time management>>> balancing family & art...we have a similar pattern going on at our house...joe & i constantly keep each other informed, talk about our day/frustrations/hopes/thoughts/wants/needs, [& let's not forget about getting/giving sugar], etc... balancing our priorities>>> we all make time for what really matters the most to us, don't we? in spite of the fact that there is never, ever, enough time in any given day! Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • At 5/26/2006 11:56:00 PM, Blogger melba said…

    I am so proud you recorded your time so diligently!
    You say you spend all thouse hours blogging (me too) but you are probably also eating, or talking on the phone, or doing some thing while you are blogging. Plus I find that my husband calls everything creative I do now blogging. When I am painting I am not blogging...but it all seems to fall into the same realm now.

    Anyway ...good to reconnect with you!

    Love your pictures and posts for MMM.


    XOXO, Melba

     
  • At 5/27/2006 06:43:00 AM, Blogger firstborn said…

    yeah, that's true...when i'm blogging, i am doing other stuff, like doing loads of laundry in between, talking on the phone, eating, or going back and forth from computer to my studio...it's all kinda blending together like you said...joe says that too! that whatever i'm on the computer or creating art, he says i'm blogging {smile}...

    blogging has become my springboard for creative expression...and that is a big priority for me & guess that explains why i spend so much time doing it!

    thanks melba for your kind & supportive words! it means a great deal to me!

    :) mary ann xo

     
  • At 5/27/2006 08:26:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    I love your colors in your last two posts...it reminds me of something I put my hands on at Target in the scrapbooking aisle just yesterday....you have such a pretty sweet way of putting things together that I love to look at...I am FULL of ideas and what I want to do this weekend, I am going to have to put blogging on my LIST and commit to an hour a day....night time would be the best....I will try more later! and will comment on ATC and what your beautiful sister wrote....really helps me think beautiful thoughts...I am so full of wonderful thoughts on what Looney wrote, I have not been able to describe it in words just yet...Time tonight set aside to do just that!

     
  • At 5/27/2006 12:00:00 PM, Anonymous Mary Jane said…

    I like you have found myself spending much to much time in the world of blog....it's a very nice friendly world and I plan to keep it up however when the weeds in the garden get too tall and we can't see the flowers, I sadly pull away and get out in the sun....

     
  • At 5/27/2006 12:12:00 PM, Blogger firstborn said…

    thanks pauline & mary jane for your kind words! my garden beckons me too!!!

    & yes, pauline, you aren't imagining things...i just baought some of that pretty k&co paper stuff from target!!!!!!!!!!!! how very observant of you!

    :) mary ann xo

     
  • At 5/27/2006 05:52:00 PM, Blogger weirdbunny said…

    I think when you start blogging that's it, talk about compulsive!! Time management, well for me to do that would envole making out a list, I just love lists with coffee and cake. So that would envolve making a cake, choosing which teaset to use to eat it off, it just goes on and on!! Therefore I'd better give time management a miss and simply carry on blogging!!

     
  • At 5/27/2006 09:24:00 PM, Blogger firstborn said…

    i with you on that one weirdbunny! {smile}

    so let's blog on!!!!!!!
    :) mary ann

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!