follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, May 12, 2006

mixed media memoirs no.7

this week's topic for mmm is what my style says about me... i'm not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination! in fact, i try not to get sucked in by the current trends. like for example, gauchos are apparently back!!!! yikes! reminds me of something worn on the original tv show, charlie's angels...you wouldn't catch me in those!!!! a gal at work was trying to convince me that they're kinda cute in denim...whatever...it's not going to happen! anyway, i prefer comfortable, simple, yet stylish clothes...and not so heavy in the pocketbook either! this is what i like at work, home or play. i am not ashamed to say that i shop at thrifts stores {thanks mom!}, clearance racks {target, old navy, the gap}, seconds' stores like t.j. maxx, marshalls, renys etc., outlet stores {like llbean!} and yard sales {especially in the more affluent neighborhoods!}. i dress with comfort in mind first and foremost. then for practicality {such as these adorable rain boots turned into gardening boots which i found at the gap, actually, gap kids! i wear size 4 in kids shoes, i'm afraid to say; size 6 in ladies} and then finally for the aesthetic/uniqueness appeal. that's what i favor, like it or leave it. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 5/12/2006 05:30:00 PM, Blogger weirdbunny said…

    I love t k maxx, I could spend a fortune in that shop. oh my goodness, I've just seen that I'm on your list of blogs!!!!! How cool is that. I haven't worked out how to do that, but will soon and I promise I'll put you on mine!!!

     
  • At 5/12/2006 10:38:00 PM, Blogger melba said…

    There are so many styles out that I won't wear either. They may look cute in a magazine, but on most people Guachos do not look good. I did have a pair that were denim with a rainbow embrodered stripe and a matching vest...probably when I was like 7! I actually loved that outfit. Makes me smile to think about it.
    I started saving some of my favorite clothes for Maggie because I think when she is older she will get a kick out of seeing what I wore and maybe will even want to wear them...they will all be considered retro by then!

     
  • At 5/15/2006 04:07:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    target clearance racks are the best, unfortunately I work there and tend to spend way too much there! check out the back of the intimates department for clearance too, they tend to put the active wear there sort of hidden, I always find yoga pants there! gun to get to know your style..you sound fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!