follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

my mother

i was searching through my albums when i came across these snaps...i was looking for photos of mom &/or me with mom at different times for this week's mixed media memoirs {my mother topic}...i'm still working out what my journal piece is going to look like...but i've been thinking of my mom [& dad] lately & i wanted to post something about/for her {since she is out of the country at the moment}. the pic below was when i was about 3 or 4? i totally don't remember this being taken at all, but i thought this was a nice young pic of us both...& the collage below this pic are photos of mom at different ages...
my mother... is a lot of people rolled up into one. she is my life source, protectress, role model, life teacher, mother earth, comic relief, part of me... who influenced me as to the kind of human being that i am today, who guided me when i got discouraged, lost in confusion or sadness, who provided me a safe haven from the big, bad world, who showed that goodwill & kindness do matter, who taught that hard work, determination and courage would serve you just rewards, who believed in the value of family, faith and education, who demonstrated leadership, dedication & commitment, both in the home & outside, who saw the value of frugality, clever & creative thriftyness, & saving for many rainy days, who made time for fun, laughter & dancing, who shared her wisdom, memories & experiences, who is a constant source of comfort, unconditional love & inspiration, generous to a fault, but tremendously lovable... my mother>>>she is all these things... & a whole lot more! thinking of you mom & hoping and praying for your safe return home very, very soon. love you always & forever, your firstborn oxox Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 5/18/2006 01:17:00 AM, Blogger audrey said…

    what a beautiful and touching post about your mother.

     
  • At 5/18/2006 06:55:00 AM, Blogger weirdbunny said…

    oh your mother sounds wondderful.

     
  • At 5/20/2006 11:47:00 AM, Anonymous Looney said…

    Missing Mom and Pop and all of their sweet craziness too. July can't come soon enough...if they can just call...boy who do we sound like? Things just never change, huh...wherever you are Mom and Pop, hope you're safe, happy and healthy. Please come home safely, so many hearts are aching and worried for you...love Jogi...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!