follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Monday, May 01, 2006

reunion

my dear friend annie is in town and i can't wait to spend my day off tomorrow with her! she is like a second "mom" to me and i am absolutely thrilled that she is in the area!!!! she drove all the way from maine!!!! her husband's 92 y.o. uncle was recently hospitalized and so off they came to visit him. her 90-something y.o. father-in-law went along with them to see his brother...this unhappy circumstance is my happy fortune! i get to visit, catch up and reminisce with her, even if for only a day...{they head back to maine on thursday}... this snap of us was taken last summer when joe and i spent a couple of weeks back "home". this is annie and me in her back yard of their "camp" (what mainers call their summer cottage) on isleboro (3 miles offshore). the water you see behind us is "pen bay" (short for penobscot bay, which leads into the atlantic). the foothills you see in the background is the town of lincolnville where we had lived. getting to the island is a mere 20 minute ferry ride {or if you'd rather, a 10 minute zip in a wicked fast speed boat!}.... i love this picture of us...the beach behind us is the very spot where annie got married nearly 25 years ago...and this is the very same spot where i have happily spent countless hours searching out beautiful bits of sea glass, rocks and other interesting finds that wash up onto shore. annie once told me that she actually found a wooden door, which she plans to someday incorporate into her camp! oh how i long to be back there!!!!! seeing annie is going to be like being home in maine again! and i can't wait! i wonder what kind of mischief we will get ourselves into tomorrow?
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 5/02/2006 06:11:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    I hope you find the most amazing treasures on that beach! I love to find a unique piece of seaglass, one time I found a marble, a blue and white one and the white has expaned more than the blue, now it is not perfectly round, I should splurge and have a necklace made from it one day! I love the door idea! I love finding something old that I can display in my home, more history and memories than just picking up something from a store! Thank you for commenting on my new blog!

     
  • At 5/02/2006 03:33:00 PM, Blogger andria said…

    It's a beautiful picture. I hope you and Annie have a wonderful time. It's nice when home friends can visit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!