follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Monday, May 15, 2006

self portrait challenge {introduce yourself wk 3}

q: what are your favorite past-time & worst job? a:i have quite a few fave past-times, it's hard for me to pick just one, because i love them all! lately, it's been blogging {lol!}...but when i'm not doing that, i love to past the time by gardening, antiquing {aka "uncovering treasures"}, looking for bargains, crafting, creating art work, roller skating {believe it or not! when we moved here i discovered the local rink & i was hooked!}, chatting &/or visiting my sisters and their kids, visiting my pal allison, reading my fave mags or books or going on adventures with my dh. the worst jobs, you say? well, let's see...i peddled fancy, high-priced lingere to unsuspecting husbands/boyfriends when i worked briefly at a victoria's secret store...the manager had told us to target men because they either a) were embarrassed to be caught dead in a frilly, lacy unmentionables' shop, b) gullible, easily talked into a sale or two or c) big spenders... i really didn't like that kind of aggressive salesmanship...& oh yes, creepy weirdos always sizing you up and down, saying i was the same build/weight as their wife/girlfriend....i lasted about a month and couldn't take it anymore...but i did have a bunch of nice underwear during my brief stint! even gave some to my sisters & mom! then there was the time i worked as a telephone sales agent for a local airline and i worked from 4:30 pm to 1:00 am! [but i had weekends off!]...and man, were there a lot of sickos who called in at night! i've had the "panty-man", "foot-man", "the breather", "mr. feel good", "the-tell-me-what-you-look-like-man"...i could go on and on, but i really do not want to gross you out! the only thing i enjoyed about this job {like so many others did} was, of course, the free, unlimited travel as well as the courtesy discounts on competitors... and the worst part of my present job is getting the eerie feeling when you can sense that someone is on their way out...and then you hear the "code blue" announced overhead....that is very depressing, needless to say, as well as quite sobering. oh yeah, another worst job i've had to do was assist an elderly, demented patient to the bathroom and then seeing that she soiled on herself {& me!} prior to getting to the loo...my sisters complain about changing their kids' poopy diapers...well, let me tell ya, i'd take that over a senile patient any day of the week! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 5/15/2006 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Tish said…

    Nice to meet you, Firstborn! And I feel for you about that incident with the senile patient! Have a good evening!

     
  • At 5/16/2006 11:18:00 AM, Blogger audrey said…

    Mary Ann...I love this entry, you had me rolling :0)

     
  • At 5/16/2006 04:14:00 PM, Blogger Kim Carney said…

    discounted travel is always good! I did the the dirty bed thing in a nursing home when I was high school (after that I figured I could do any job!).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!