follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, May 05, 2006

(((((sounds)))))

this week's topic for studio friday is sounds...suggested by gabi. as i've mentioned before, my studio is in the mechanical room of our basement. and let me tell ya, i hear all sorts of racket, uh, i mean, sounds... whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz clink....clink....clang....clink....clink....clang.... hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss boom...POP.........................boom...POP.......................boom...POP purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock... hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shshshshshshshshshshshshshshhshshshshshshshshshshshshsh
"...if you don't have the answer, then why do you stay...hey, hey, hey...." "...the connie & fish radio network...zzzzzzzzz104..." "meow! me--owww! meeeeow! purrrrrrrrrrrrrr" "...coo-coo...i'm going...have a good day...la-la..." SWAK! oxox Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

  • At 5/05/2006 07:26:00 AM, Blogger kelly said…

    thanks!....we had the same idea
    with the beautiful blossoms.

    have a great and happy friday!

     
  • At 5/05/2006 08:30:00 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Such a fun and unique response to this challenge!

     
  • At 5/05/2006 08:58:00 AM, Blogger iHanna said…

    yay, a studio filled with cartoons? :-)

     
  • At 5/05/2006 10:50:00 AM, Anonymous Mary Jane said…

    Love the name of your blog....beautiful pics of flowers...and oh so many sounds...

     
  • At 5/05/2006 01:15:00 PM, Blogger Lina said…

    This made me smile :)
    What a fun way to describe the sounds you hear!

     
  • At 5/05/2006 01:49:00 PM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said…

    I like the sounds you mimmick, sooo funny...

     
  • At 5/05/2006 03:49:00 PM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    Totally made me giggle! I can just imagine 1/2 of what those sounds are! Too fun!!
    ~ Gabi

     
  • At 5/06/2006 08:36:00 AM, Blogger andrea said…

    Ok, I would SO get some earplugs, lol. Great description of your sounds! That was fun to read.
    a.

     
  • At 5/06/2006 09:45:00 AM, Blogger firstborn said…

    for inquiring minds who want to know the mystery sounds are:

    the first five are from various mechanical units, such as the furnance kicking on and off, the water softener machine thingie, hot water heater and the electrical panel...

    the sixth noise is one of my cats, who jumped onto me and started purring as i was trying to list down my studio sounds...

    the seventh one is my clock...i don't usually hear it ticking mainly because of the other ambient noises...

    the eighth one is the big over head lights (not my lamps)...

    the ninth one is the coffee pot completing its brew...

    the tenth one is a song on the radio...

    the eleventh one is the radio announcer...

    the twelfth one is another cat, demanding for attention and tlc...

    the thirteenth on is my husband letting me know he's off to work (coo-coo is his pet name for me... and la-la is his code word for "love you">>>actually he stole that from my niece when she used to say that when she was 3 years old!)

    the fourteenth one is a big ol' kiss that i gave him.

    and the last one was more kisses and hugs before he finally left for work...

    there you have it...

    thanks for all of your nice comments!

    :) mary ann

     
  • At 5/07/2006 06:00:00 PM, Blogger Abbie said…

    What a marvelous description of the sounds!! I think I'd invest in an ipod and earphones!

    :) Abbie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!