follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, May 26, 2006

{studio friday} antique/patina

this is the topic for this week's studio friday...one that is near & dear to my heart, because i just adore distressing & aging cards, photos, paper, ribbons>>>you name it, i'll distress it! i actually have a distressing kit put together by one of my fave companies, making memories... as you can see, the kit is housed in a handy flip top box filled with all sorts of goodies... but the tools i usually favor {& have proven faithful & trusted} for my distressing/aging needs are: good old sandpaper {with a carpenter for a husband, these are never in short supply!}, paper edger thingie {makes fab ragged edges of your paper}, the metal spiky roller {that reminds me of a ravioli cutter} & {my all-time fave} distressed inks by tim holtz.
there is something that draws me to age, antique, patina my creations...& for that, i'm truly glad!Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At 5/26/2006 08:39:00 AM, Blogger andria said…

    I put one up...

     
  • At 5/26/2006 08:40:00 AM, Blogger andria said…

    Well, no not that one, I posted on the wrong post.

     
  • At 5/26/2006 01:12:00 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    It appears that you are more of a pro at the stamping thing than I am. :)

     
  • At 5/26/2006 01:26:00 PM, Blogger Lisa Marie said…

    Great tools! I've never seen the paper edger thingy before. That looks cool. As for the spiky roller thing...when I saw it, I thought I need to dig out my marking wheel (probably not it's correct name) from my sewing stuff...it's quite similar and would be great for adding texture to pages! (And since I rarely use it for sewing much anymore, might as well repurpose it! LOL)

     
  • At 5/29/2006 02:31:00 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    These tools look fantastic! What fun I could have with them.....I think I gotta get some!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!