follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, May 12, 2006

studio friday [robot]

this week's studio friday challenge is robot...finding something(s) in your studio that is like a robot...one of the definitions in the dictionary reads a robot is any machine or mechanical device that operates automatically with humanlike skill... with that said... here are my robots:my little boombox---not only acts as my companion who serenades me, keeps me informed and reports tidbits of news & gossip but also my "protector" of sorts, who [banishes] [disguises] [muffles] unwanted intruders such as the incessant ambient noise heard in my studio. my handy dandy xyron 900 machine... it really does turn pieces of artwork into instant stickers or magnets...also laminates and protects... my big shot and little sidekick die cut machines>>>the hardest working "employees" in my sweatshop, er, studio! could not live without them!!!!! and last, but not least, heat embosser+++another hardworking, busy sort! i would mention my computer and digi camera as my other vital robots...but my computer is in the guest room/office and the digi camera, well, it's kinda hard to take a snap of it, if i'm holding it in my hand! thanks tine for this week's sf topic...it was fun to show homage to my trusted robots in my studio! Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

  • At 5/12/2006 07:27:00 AM, Blogger andria said…

    OK, I have a heat embosser, but I don't know what the other things are, aside from the boom box. I am so out of the scrapping/stamping loop since Adam came along.

     
  • At 5/12/2006 07:37:00 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I have the same little boombox in my office at work, and another in the bedroom I use when I visit my daughter. There are times when it seems to be my most valuable possession! And the Xyron 900---awesome thing to have. I have a couple of its little cousins, as well.

    Great response to this topic!

     
  • At 5/12/2006 11:15:00 AM, Blogger LB said…

    Wow, you have LOTS of robots! How nice for them all to have friends. :-)

     
  • At 5/12/2006 02:22:00 PM, Blogger Tracie said…

    A true scrapper at heart! I love your robots and I have similar ones located in my studio too! Aren't they so much fuN!?

     
  • At 5/12/2006 05:05:00 PM, Anonymous susan said…

    Wow, you have many very cool robots - I'm not sure what an embosser is but it looks cool!

     
  • At 5/12/2006 05:35:00 PM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    Oh my!! Yes the boombox is a definite Robot companion!! I, too, MUST have music on while I work!
    Happy Studio Friday!!
    have a LOVELY WEEKEND!!
    XO
    Gabi

     
  • At 5/12/2006 06:30:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Heat embosser, that makes me think aout getting mine out of the tool shest and move it properly back with my minimal stamping supplies. My poor one was last used to strip paint off of woodwork. Worked like a charm! Now to resist the temptation of buying the rest of your robos ;)

     
  • At 5/13/2006 07:30:00 PM, Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said…

    i agree, the digicam is the best... Interesting take on this weeks topic

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!