follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

treasure tuesday {pas de deux}

for this week's treasure tuesday, i chose to feature these dried roses. roses typically symbolize romantic love... these are particularly cherished because they are the first gifts joe & i gave each other as a married couple on our wedding day {september 7, 2002}...
we were married atop a mountain overlooking the deep blue sea... it was a magical, glorious day.

& in the spirit of treasure tuesday, i found this poem: precious things strange how our hands ache to touch familiar things again... to curl themselves around the knob and push the old door in. to slip along a polished rail through the deepening gloom, and feel the way along the hall to a dear remembered room. to dust the books we have read and loved, (the hall clock's ageless face,) to pick old-fashioned garden flowers and fill a treasured vase. to grip the hands of trusted friends whose clasp is just as strong. our hands never lose the feel of precious things for long, though many years may intervene they still belong. ~scott horton

 Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

  • At 5/30/2006 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said…

    What beautiful memories and a wonderful treasure! That was a neat poem to share, too. Thought provoking. ;)

     
  • At 5/30/2006 09:51:00 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    That's a beautiful memory and so awesome that you kept the roses :)

    Loved the poem too, thanks so much for sharing :) My Treasure is up too.

     
  • At 5/30/2006 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Mom Nancy said…

    Lovely pictures and such a nice memory. I love roses.

    My treasure is up, too.

     
  • At 5/30/2006 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    What a neat treasure. Your wedding sounds wonderful! We got married in Ireland (check my blog for details and pictures, if you'd like).

    I've posted a treasure as well. Stop by and take a peek. :)

     
  • At 5/30/2006 01:26:00 PM, Blogger weirdbunny said…

    What an amazing place to get married.

     
  • At 5/30/2006 05:56:00 PM, Blogger The Flip Flop Mamma! said…

    Wow..I don't have any flowers from my wedding...I don't think I do anyway. That's very sweet. You did give me an idea for my next weeks treasure though. I like the poem too.

     
  • At 5/30/2006 11:53:00 PM, Anonymous Looney said…

    So beautiful and the poem is just perfect...I'll never forget your special day...it was very magical and so romantic. So glad that I was able to attend. Wow, look at those roses, they're still so gorgeous. xoxo Looney

     
  • At 5/31/2006 01:40:00 AM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said…

    I like how the photo shows you looking out into your future, showing you together going forth in love.

     
  • At 5/31/2006 03:34:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    wow, what a beautiful shot of the roses and your wedding day....so pretty... Where is this? I hope it is close enough for you to visit! Such a nice memory of you wedding day...

     
  • At 5/31/2006 07:27:00 AM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    Oh wow! I kept our roses too !:) They were yellow roses and they are somewhat brown now but seeing them brings back such nice memories of our special day :)
    Your wedding looks like it was pure paradise! Oh how I LOVE romance! Thanks so much for sharing! That poem is definitely a keeper!
    ~XO
    Gabi

     
  • At 5/31/2006 02:19:00 PM, Blogger Juliet Echo Mike said…

    What a wonderful treasure. I enjoyed seeing the wedding picture--the scenery is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the poem, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!