follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

treasure tuesday

is a weekly theme, for lack of better word, that i had read about from my blogging pal, andria. she discovered this from faith, who started treasure tuesdays...[sidebar: i cannot believe the many neat weekly groups / topics/ themes / challenges that are out there in the blogosphere!]...this is where you can post the small, simple pleasures in your life...and i do appreciate the simple pleasures in life. this is a picture that a nine year old outpatient by the name of maureen b. drew for me. this is the very first "gift" i received from a patient,[ a pediatric one at that!] during my rookie year as a speech therapist. on that particular day, i was feeling a bit down and stressed out. and when i gave maureen some construction paper and crayons, she told me that i was "pretty" and wanted to draw a pretty picture of us! it really was meant as an ice breaker because of the all the testing i was about to do on her, but she insisted that i keep this picture of us. i was deeply touched by her kind and loving gesture. and i have kept this piece for 12 years now. it's yellowing and tattered [or if you'd rather, developing a nice 'patina'], but whenever i look at this, i remember how a little girl>>> someone i had just met>>> managed to brighten my day & lift my spirits. thank you maureen wherever you are. i treasure your gift more than you'll ever know. Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

  • At 5/16/2006 07:27:00 AM, Blogger Mom Nancy said…

    What a wonderful gift and truly a treasure!

    My Tuesday Treasure is up, too.

     
  • At 5/16/2006 09:09:00 AM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said…

    I felt like crying as I wrote this. We have a lot of problems with my youngest sons' speech. With a cochlear implant he can HEAR, but has motor processing issues for his expressive speech.

    I know how frustrating days can get, when you don't know if you're having any effect on others or not. What a cool treasure to keep to remind you how special you are, too! ;)

     
  • At 5/16/2006 10:11:00 AM, Blogger andria said…

    That is so sweet! You should mat it and frame it.

     
  • At 5/16/2006 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Leah said…

    that's very nice. how very touching.

     
  • At 5/16/2006 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    That's wonderful! What ever became of little Maureen? Do you know?

    My treasure for Tuesday is posted as well. Stop by and take a look. Leave me a comment if you'd like me to add your link!

     
  • At 5/16/2006 04:36:00 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    So sweet!! You are surely a treasure to her and her parents!!!

     
  • At 5/16/2006 05:04:00 PM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    Wow and imagine.. she's now 21, an adult! What a lovely keepsake she gave to you!! Kids have the most awesome way of knowing just when we need a pick-me-up! What a sweet treasure!!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Gabi

     
  • At 5/16/2006 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Tracie said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5/16/2006 10:24:00 PM, Blogger Tracie said…

    Ooops sorry I deleted my previous comment (had the wrong blog - DOH)!
    -----------
    First thanks for you comment on my blog!!! :-)

    And...what a wonderful blog! That is some treasure you have there! I can definitely see why you have kept it all these years and that it holds a special place in your heart!!!!

     
  • At 5/17/2006 04:53:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    once again, a friend that preserves their most special memories! glad you hung onto that and shared it! What a treasure! I bet she grew up to be an artist! Its like she is saying "follow me"...I especially like you polka dot skirt and the pretty lips...she was very detailed...what a girl!

     
  • At 5/20/2006 11:54:00 AM, Anonymous Looney said…

    Totally agree with everyone! What an absolute sweet treasure to have all of these years...isn't it amazing what our children can teach us? Children have such pure innocence and a sense of great honesty...that we sometimes tend to take for granted when we grow up...thank you little ones for sending us rays of sunshine when we really need it and reminding us what life is really all about...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!