follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Bed and Breakfast

3rd day post surgery update: Buenos noches! I'm Looney-second sis to Mary Ann. What a day! Rain most of the time but that's great for Mary Ann's garden. Been kinda firmly reminding her that she needs to STAY IN BED...but she's a tough patient to keep up with. See, it's like this...would gently tell her to stay put then the minute I'm upstairs, I see my limping sis watering her beloved garden...she's wincing, pulling the hose and boy was I ever scared and well a bit mad at her for getting out of bed and watering!!! Then...her dh, Joe, came rushing into the kitchen-where I was making her LASAGNA dinner for the next night and started saying how pissed he was with my sis and turning all red...thought he was going to blow his top! He told me that he was going to water her beloved flowers and plants after his garage duty. I then told him that I was going to water them after I put the Lasagna in the fridge. Then our neice came to us and said she was going to water after she took the little ones a bath...man oh man...Mary Ann is OUT OF CONTROL! So we all went down to her and one by one told her she may NOT WATER HER PLANTS and to stay in BED!!! She was too cute because she looked like a little girl with her hands in the cookie jar. She whimpered, "I'm sorry...but my plantttttts...haven't been watered for 2 days...whaaaaaahhhh! I just had to save them...everyone's too busy...whaaaaaaaaa!" We all looked at her and pointed, "GO TO BED, RIGHT NOW OR ELSE!!!" Man, what's up with her?! Does she want to internally bleed to death or something? Anywhoo, she was a good girl today because it RAINED! No, really she stayed inside and only blogged 3 or 4 times whenever she had to go to the bathroom. I swear, I think we need to get her a laptop. She's OBSESSED!!! She sleeps blogging...I mean, c'mon...you just had your insides ripped up...we told her that the blogging community will not go away...she said that she's having withdrawal symptoms and can't wait to get out of bed...she feels like she's in prison...but I told her to think of it as a Bed and Breakfast! She finally smiled and has been napping and watching flicks and finally taking it easy. Her dh has been doting on her and so have we. We continue to prepare meals for her in BED! So far I've prepared everything she has requested and then some. Her job even sent beautiful flowers and we surprised her with the arrangement with yesterday's pizza meal! She was in tears because she can't believe how many people really care about her. She totally appreciates all of your sweet, kind and inspirational comments, thoughts and presents! She's got a follow up on Friday but sadly to say I've got to bring home all the little ones that day so I won't be there but Joe will. He will hold her hands and we'll be praying that the worst is over and that she will get a clean bill of health. Thank you so much for your support and if she can't blog for the rest of the week, I'll try to post something. Have a great evening! Looney.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/21/2006 10:56:00 PM, Blogger andria said…

    How nice of you to post of your sister and to take such good care of her. I do hope it is nothing serious and that all goes well on Friday. I logged on to see how she was doing today.

    I hear it is supposed to rain the rest of the week so maybe she will remain in bed. Does she have any painkillers? Those typically put you out like a light. LOL

    I was on bed rest at times with both my pregnancies. It was fun the first day, but after that it sucked big time. Tell her a friend of mine had to lie on her left side for 14 weeks of her pregnancy and was only allowed up to pee and ONCE A WEEK for a shower, so it could be so much worse. I know she can hang in there a couple more days and, yes, we will be here when she returns.

     
  • At 6/22/2006 06:09:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    Thank you Looney! You are so good! You two are so lucky to have eachother! so cute, everyone wants to water her plants....very sweet that everyone knows what is important to her....thank you so much for your post also, I enjoy reading what you write and hearing from you..makes my day happier....enjoy your day...and give Maryann a hug.....

     
  • At 6/27/2006 09:17:00 AM, Anonymous looney said…

    thank you andria and sweet memories for keeping tabs on my dear sis! Mary Ann is one of those type A personalities and can't stand to stay put in one place. When she had her pain meds, you're right-she's out like a light. But like andria said, staying in bed can get kinda old and my dear sis just couldn't stand it anymore, so we took her out for a nice lil'drive into town to check out those lil'cars. mary ann of course stayed in the car sitting on her lil' plush pillow...while we galavanted around. you're so right sweet memories...we're so lucky to have each other but even better, i was happy to post for her because i also knew she wanted her blog family to know how she was doing. she really has high regard for all of you and finds so much inspiration from all of you that it was the least i could do for her...plus i totally enjoy reading about all of your trials and tribulations because you have all have given me so much great inspiration and courage to believe that anything is possible. mary ann is so lucky to have all of you...xoxo looney

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!