follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

introspection

it is getting late, but i am having a bit of a rough week & i haven't been as focused on my art challenges lately as i have been in past weeks...i hope that i will be able to find the time & energy to create somethings soon...it always brings me such joy whenever i create something... but at the moment, my heart is heavy & my shoulders, weighted down...my sisters, all 3 of them, are each going through some rough spots...& i worry about them so & feel so utterly helpless...& i have been thinking lately, too, of my upcoming surgery (needn't get all concerned...it's minor outpatient surgery) next monday as i am so not looking forward to going under & then waking up from it all! my doc says that i will be on bed rest for about a week after my surgery & i am concerned (& can't help feeling guilty) that my sisters will be coming next week to help us out, when at the moment, they are having a tough go! but there's no use stopping them...they are bound & determined to be here with me, to help me heal...i will try to be of some sort of support (even if it's from my bed!)...lending a sympathetic ear, giving great big hugs & kisses & telling them over & over how much i love & appreciate them!

and then i read this poem, simply titled my prayer, by a woman named delores patterson: dear Lord, i do not ask so much of life... just a quiet place away from the world and its strife: just a cottage with a springhouse near, a big wide hearth and loved ones near; some scraps of happiness that sometimes fall like a sweet benediction upon us all;

a garden with a gate and an archway overhead, roses in wild profusion, pink and white and red; a pasture with contended cows, and a gentle mare with a colt by her side, a pony that the children can ride...

some shade trees growing all around, an orchard that with fruit abounds, a cellar where in early fall i can spread my stores along the wall. and i ask the wondrous glow of health and friends so warm and dear...

if i had these, i would not ask for wealth, just freedom from toil and fear. no,Lord, i do not ask so much of life, but when i look at what i've got it seems to me, forgive me, Father, i've asked for quite a lot. & during trying times, a little prayer here & there wouldn't hurt...& perhaps even go a long way.

7 Comments:

  • At 6/15/2006 06:03:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    beautiful post....it is good that you wrote this, you will be more accepting of the help that you will get next week...for someone who gives so much, it is hard to take a step back and allow others to help isnt it?...but from what you have posted about your sisters, they just sound so sweet and loving....I hope you can breathe, sit back and allow yourself to take the rest (if needed)....I hope all works out well with your surgery...you pictures in this post come from a very sweet place, so pretty...lovely....I am sure they cant wait to give you a hand and you will provide them inspiration from your bedside! I am sure of that! will be thinking of you:)

     
  • At 6/15/2006 09:18:00 AM, Blogger Teri C said…

    Mary Ann, you will be in good hands-relax.

    Prayers and hugs on the way.

     
  • At 6/15/2006 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Beck said…

    What a beautiful post. You're in my prayers!

     
  • At 6/15/2006 05:20:00 PM, Blogger weirdbunny said…

    I am sorry to hear you need surgery, even if it's minor. I'm gald your sisters are coming to help, and that you have such a loving family. My prayers are with you.

     
  • At 6/15/2006 09:27:00 PM, Blogger andria said…

    I will be saying prayers for all of you that this stressful time will pass and your surgery is successful. Try to do something fun this weekend to keep your mind off of it.

     
  • At 6/15/2006 11:57:00 PM, Anonymous looney said…

    what beautiful photos, poem and how sweet are your thoughts...agree with everyone's comments! UNCONDITIONAL LOVE=ENDLESS SISTERLY LOVE...be prepared to be pampered...wouldn't have it any other way...besides what a great way to take my mind off my worries-a mini vacation with one of my great sisters! xoxo looney

     
  • At 6/16/2006 06:29:00 PM, Blogger Judy Scott said…

    My dear Mary Ann
    Im so sorry youre so weighed down, and that you have to have surgery. Lots of prayers and loving healing coming your way. Take whatever help you can, your sisters are there for you and they will get through their problems, you just need them at the moment and when you are strong you'll be there for them. Thats what sisters are for. Big hugs m'darling, much love Judy xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!