follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

mixed media memoirs no.13

i know, i know, what am i doing? i should be in bed, resting & healing...i've already gotten "scolded" by the dh & my sis, looney (as well as judy s.!)...but this literally came to me when i woke up this morning...moving slower than usual {because, you know, status-post operation & all>>>this took me all morning to complete, in between naps, when under normal circumstances, i would have whipped this right up in less than a half hour!}, i came up with this piece for this week's mixed media memoirs: the wind beneath my wings... it's a collage of photos i took recently of the sky & from our wedding ceremony in 2002. i digitally manipulated the sky pic to make it look more "floaty" as well as the wedding pics, to make them less "photographic" & more "graphic"... during our wedding ceremony, we had a little moment where we acknowledged two very special people in our lives by releasing these two white balloons. "M" represents joe's late mother, marguerite, with whom he was very close and "S" represents my late niece/god-daughter, sinead...while they were not present in body, they were present in spirit>>>& we wanted them to know that we have not forgotten and wanted them to be very much a part of our special day. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 6/21/2006 03:03:00 PM, Blogger melba said…

    The post woman just brought me goodies for me and justBe... You are too, too sweet!

    I love everything! I will post about it tomorrow. Maggie kept saying presents for me! There was also a step ahead catalogue that came with the packages and I told her it was a book for her. lol.
    IT is so awesome to get mail!

    I hope you are in bed resting and don't get this message right away :)

    Much love and (((hugs)))
    XOXO,
    Melba

     
  • At 6/22/2006 06:23:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    beautiful moment at your wedding...you two seem to both have a similar sweet spirit....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!