follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, June 16, 2006

{secrets}

is this week's topic for artwords. & i also wanted to include this piece for studio friday, which the topic this week is about your a-ha moment... i'm the type of person who will share secrets with only those i feel & know i can trust >>> as soon as a secret is let out (& it becomes fodder for gossip-mongers!)...then that trust is undeniably broken...the way i see it, secrets are only for those who really know how to keep them safe & secure...& certainly are not for the weak! there are times, particulary lately, that it just takes me a little bit longer than usual before something creative comes forth from me... like the piece that i have here...i originally was going to have the collage go in the vertical plane, rather than the horizontal as it is here. & i was all set to start adhering my torn pieces of handmade paper, lace (which i just got from judy s.! *smile*), herringbone ribbon, metal hearts, stamped image (from paper artsy, btw) & various alpha/word/butterfly stickers...but something told me {my "art angel" perhaps?} to see what would happen if i turned the gold matboard horizontally. it was as if the "lightblub" clicked on!>>> my "a-ha!" moment, if you will, because that position was not what i originally had in mind when i first started this piece! & i'm so glad i listened to that little voice inside, nudging me along...i rather liked how this came out...& you know, i never know how exactly a piece will turn out...until the very end, when that same little voice has me nodding in approval. Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

  • At 6/16/2006 12:58:00 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    Great work! I love it! You're so creative. :) I'm going to post my handmade Father's Day card this weekend and it's going to look simplistic compared to your work. Oh well, I have a lot to learn. :)

    So, how about a recipe for today's Five Ingredient Friday? :)

     
  • At 6/16/2006 04:17:00 PM, Blogger Tracie said…

    Very nice work!! I have to say that when I scrapbook, I layout everything first before I do ANY adhering! For the same reason as I am not sure just how it's going to turn out. What I have in my head isn't what always is communicated on the pages. :-)

     
  • At 6/16/2006 06:19:00 PM, Blogger Joy Eliz said…

    Fantastic!! Very lovely too:)

     
  • At 6/16/2006 06:35:00 PM, Blogger Judy Scott said…

    brill, very tactile and arent the paper artsy stamps fabulous. Hope your weekend is peaceful, Love Judy x

     
  • At 6/16/2006 06:55:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    gotta love the creative process!!

     
  • At 6/16/2006 10:46:00 PM, Blogger ratlion said…

    I like this :)
    And thank you so much for your comment...made me feel all warm inside :D

    Cheers!

     
  • At 6/17/2006 08:41:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    Beautiful collage! Isn't it great when things come out beter than planned? And thanks for the heads up on Paper Artsy...I'm always looking for new places like that.

     
  • At 6/17/2006 04:25:00 PM, Blogger Kim Carney said…

    I love when that little voice talks to us!

     
  • At 6/18/2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger DEW said…

    What an incredible blog! Love your A-ha piece on secrets. Thanks for sharing your wonderful art!!

     
  • At 6/18/2006 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I am so glad you listened to that little voice---our little voices are the ones that know!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!