follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, June 02, 2006

space

is studio friday's topic for this week...my space covers approx. 90 square feet! so i have to be very creative with storage. i guess the best way to describe my storage solutions are going vertical, storage boxes/cubbies & multiple shelving on the walls [sans drywall!]... while i have a plethora of art & craft supplies, i am limited in space. my husband, a multi-talented carpenter, built me a case with shelves so that i can store some of my supplies...then i found an old tape cassette holder that now houses my die cutters...then there's that old spice cabinet that i've painted & distressed to hold my various ink pads & twinkling h2os...oh yes, i use flower pots & buckets to hold my markers, pens, pencils & paintbrushes...i've even used a metal towel holder to hold instead some of my ribbons! here is a storage unit that i've painted white which is now home to some of my rubber stamps...this little unit sits on top of a shelf that is attached to the wall studs... & i am always delighted to find these little "suitcases" to hold additional rubber stamps! so there you have it...when you're short on space, i've learned to be creative in finding both functional & aesthically pleasing storage solutions... my studio space may be small, but it is full of wonderful surprises>>> all well contained.
Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

  • At 6/02/2006 09:22:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I applaude your inventiveness and great repurposing of old out-of-date items.

     
  • At 6/02/2006 02:53:00 PM, Blogger Artist in Progress said…

    great space, cosy and comfortable, just the way an art space should be.

     
  • At 6/02/2006 07:51:00 PM, Blogger weirdbunny said…

    Just look how tidy and organised you are!! I am such a messy person, chaos just follows me around!

     
  • At 6/02/2006 08:49:00 PM, Blogger melba said…

    So cool! I love seeing pictures of studios. Great idea to go up. I have yet to put anything on my walls. I need to do that soon. I am flooding my desk space.

     
  • At 6/02/2006 09:21:00 PM, Blogger boliyou said…

    Great use of vertical space. I love to see the repurposed items, too. It adds interest, is cost-effective and eco-friendly.

     
  • At 6/03/2006 01:01:00 AM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said…

    What pleasure to have one's own space to create and think freely,
    large with creative energy, I want to open and peek inside all your neatly arranged boxes!!

     
  • At 6/03/2006 07:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anke said…

    I need more shelves too!!! Looks great your studio!

     
  • At 6/03/2006 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Judy Scott said…

    Mary ann its fabulous, i love all your boxes and suitcases they are so cool - you are one very organised girl. Loads of love Judy x

     
  • At 6/03/2006 01:29:00 PM, Blogger Idamaria said…

    and I thought I was organized!!! ditto on the peeking inside of all of your delightful storage cases. Again you have inspired me to post...I will try to get some pics of my work area (in the back of my shop) on my blog site. Thanks so much for posting all the pics of my shop. You have mastered the use of your camera, all of your pics are so-o-o crystal clear. By the way, if any of your links are in the Madison WI area, we are still accepting registration for our annual Lake Leota Art Festival on the 4th of July. Jean

     
  • At 6/03/2006 05:41:00 PM, Blogger Abbie said…

    Oh! It looks like a marvelous collection of joy!!
    :) abbie

     
  • At 6/03/2006 11:54:00 PM, Blogger Tracie said…

    What a great way to make use of your limited space! I have to admit that is half my battle...finding functionality!!

     
  • At 6/04/2006 02:34:00 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    Oh, I'm envious of all your stamps and such! I have quite a few, but not as many as you do. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!