follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, June 23, 2006

studio friday {family}

"family" is the topic for this week's studio friday... & i don't have much in the way of a "family" hand-me-downs or heirlooms in my studio...but "family" does play a significant role in my creative endeavors. from my husband, to our five kitty cats, to my sisters, nieces & nephews, etc., they all have some hand at inspiring me in someway...i have pictures of my family all over my studio (& throughout the house)...the snap that you see here was taken on our wedding day by one of my sisters...it is a favorite one of ours, which i have pinned onto one of my many inspiration boards in my studio...& near this pic, i saved an old chinese fortune>>>you know, the cheesy kind that you find in those ubiquitous fortune cookies. joe finds the ritual of "checking your fortune" after eating a chinese dinner, well, rather, ludicrous. he does not take much stock in that at all! i, on the otherhand, beg to differ...i save those slips of paper( like the one above, which reads: good things are coming to you in due course of time) with the pre-printed fortunes...because you just never know when one of them does come true! Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At 6/23/2006 05:56:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    very sweet picture of you and your hubby...how did you meet? i have been reading a lot of that in others blogs, but wondered how you found eachother...

     
  • At 6/23/2006 08:58:00 AM, Blogger firstborn studio said…

    beautiful image!

     
  • At 6/23/2006 09:20:00 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    This is a lovely photo! The expressions on your faces are sweet and precious.

    I also have fortunes on my bulletin board along with sentimental photos, things that inspire, and reminders of fun times.

     
  • At 6/23/2006 10:12:00 PM, Anonymous susan said…

    Wonderful photo - so sweet and unposed! I have a whole box of saved fortunes and some pinned up too and so does my DD. But my hubby thinks like yours LOL

     
  • At 6/24/2006 05:57:00 PM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    Your family heirlooms are the gorgeous photos you have all around you! Your sister and the kids, all such a fabulous close knit family! I love the pictures you posted here of their visit! What a great blog entry!!
    XO
    Gabi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!