follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Monday, June 12, 2006

time to rant!

(detail of "bandit" on fighter jet) for my 200th post, i thought i would just let off some steam! i think i am entitled>>>it is, after all, my blog! {disclaimer: if you do not wish to be subjected to my rantings, then look no further...but if you want go here with me, then read on}... rant #1:first of all, i am not opposed to anyone leaving comments to anything i've posted...but i absolutely do not appreciate or welcome certain people's PROPAGANDA b-s crap talk!!!! don't people know that religion & politics are TABOO subjects >>>& creative blogs, such as mine, are not the forums for such subjects!!!! i was so taken aback & bothered by what someone had left on my recent post about my deceased niece all day! how INCREDIBLY RUDE!!!! he may have been well-meaning, but you know what they say, the road to HELL is paved with good intentions! please people, can you please refrain from unsolicited & unwanted PROPAGANDA b-s crap!!!! it behooves me that someone has the absolute gall to "defile" my poignant post of my dearly departed loved one!!!! SO please, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't bother saying it all>>>because if you do, i will delete you PRONTO & report you to the blog authorities as the jerkface, trouble-maker that you are!!!! just giving perpetrators FAIR WARNING! rant #2: why is it that lazy, crass & unethical people seem to get recognized, underservedly so!>>> even given awards?!!!! i mean, what is wrong with this picture?! is it that we live in such a corrupt world that jerks promote other jerks, & by doing so, perpetuate the whole jerkface mentality?!!!! this annoys the you-know-what out of me! i don't get it...it makes me ILL to know that such freaks get praise & recognition & they so don't deserve that!!!! especially, when they are known lazy-a**wipes & haters! i utterly don't get it!!! & then people like me, who are hard-working, decent & ethical folk, get passed over time & time again! it just kills me that jerky people often get ahead in this world of ours... rant #3: i am so, so, so very TIRED of having to "apologize" for being, let see, the many adjectives that have been thrown my way over the years: "quiet, reserved, stuck-up, shy, demure, unassertive, 'meek', too nice, doormat...yadda, yadda, yadda....person"! what the HELL is wrong with being a nice person? who sez being assertive also meant being an ASS! & sez who>>>that being quiet was "wrong"...sorry, but people are on CRACK COCAINE...i don't think being loud, crass, uncooth, vile & obnoxious translate into "niceness" category!!!!!!! that logic {or rather the lack of} just confounds me! i am what i am {to borrow a line from popeye the sailor man} & people better take it or leave it! i am happy with how i am, who i am, & what i am about... & i don't have to be a "bitch" or an "ass" to be "assertive"... & people need to get that straight right now! have people just forgotten basic KINDNESS or what?! rant#4: why must i get the "looks">>>you know, the ones like, tsk, tsk, tsk, something must be wrong with her!>>>when people find out that i haven't any kids yet! & then further unashamedly ask what's wrong & haven't you & hubby been trying? OMG!!!! people are seriously on CRACK!!!!! that is so a VIOLATION of privacy! oh, this is the best {NOT} remark of all>>>should get the blue ribbon for this>>>YOU are not getting any YOUNGER!!!!!!!! you better hurry up!!!! You don't know what you are missing...{& yes,, the classic} how long has your infertility gone on?!!!! OMG!!!!! the absolute GALL of crackheads, i tell ya! LEAVE US ALONE, is my comeback...i don't ask you how come you are so incredibly & grossly FAT & letting yourselves go to pot! again, why can't people keep their mofo thoughts to themselves?!!!!!! it would certainly save a lot of unnecessary {& unwanted} grief! addendum (i forgot to mention these!): rant #5: i met a 75 year old man the other day at work who was married to a woman about my age! & had a 5 year old daughter with this woman...his first?!!!!! WHAT THE HELL! he was in the hospital for open heart surgery!!!! NOW that ain't right!!!! i'm sorry, but that is way too friggin' old to be fathering a child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't care WHO you are! that just is NOT fair to that child. how incredibly SELFISH on that man's part! UN*FRICKIN*BELIEVABLE!!!! & that woman...well, love may be blind & all>>>>BUT geez! GIMME a frickin' BREAK! that ain't right!!!! ewwwwww & DOUBLE ewwwww!!! i feel sick right about now...makes me want to HURL!
rant #6: i am so sick & tired of being subjected to the presence & banality of lazy, boorish, arrogant a**wipes, who lie, back-stab, MICROMANAGE, bully & harrass {every chance they get!} hardworking, honest & humble folks such as myself>>>i am constantly subjected to their insidious & toxic behaviors whenever i am at work! what's more, it sickens me that these a**wipes pretend to be nicey-nicey to my face & then behind my back>>>in a heartbeat>>> they can't wait to talk sh** about me! as my husband would say, go F**K yourselves!
rant #7: & while we are on the subject of a**wipes>>> i cannot stand>>>no, TOLERATE>>>freaks who try to steal my thunder! you know the types>>>the ones who sit back & let you do all the hard work & then,just like that, have no problem {an apparently no guilt or shame!}, at the oh so opportune moment, to fradulently TAKE CREDIT {STEAL, is the more accurate term here!} & bask in all the glory!!!! that positively IRKS ME to the CORE! i want to choke the eyes out of these thievin' FRAUDS!
rant #8: which leads me to this next rant about how do incredibly incompetent people get away with murder {for years}, especially ones who you wouldn't even dream of thinking are incompetent & grrl, let me tell you, there are alot of dumba**es out there in the "professional" field than you might even realize!!!! they need to get their heads {which are so firmly planted} out of their a**es! working with such types>>>maddeningly impossible!
rant #9: why do people insist on getting into other peoples' business?!!!! like they really care! yeah, right! i disdain gossip-monigers & those who apparently thrive on other people's pain & suffering or misfortuntues! they need to have their a**es kicked from here to timbuktu!
rant #10: okay, this is the last one...i cannot stand when people try to justify their bad behaviors! it ain't gonna cut it with me! so save your pathetic & whacked out reasoning & rationalizations & take them elsewhere because i have no time for the BULLSH**!
* * *
okay, that's it for now...i'm ranted out at the moment... but these have been on my mind lately & i just needed to vent...sorry to have subjected this upon you...but i did give you an out earlier! now back to more happy & arty/crafty things>>>don't worry, this won't be a common occurence {well, maybe a rare one}...

7 Comments:

  • At 6/12/2006 11:56:00 PM, Blogger audrey said…

    hey mary ann....i hear you on everything. you are also so funny with things you write. And guess what...your blog is your blog so you can rant, rave, get emotional, be happy, cry etc. so there is no need to apologize for what you write. You know I will be back to visit. take care.

     
  • At 6/13/2006 06:45:00 AM, Blogger artjunk~ said…

    Is that all?? I wish I had the answers to why, but sometimes it seems so, but good always has the last word! hang in. in one ear and out the other on the kid thing. If it's not that, it is usually another topic for someone else. nothing better to do. just busy bodies being busy bodies.

     
  • At 6/13/2006 05:20:00 PM, Blogger melba said…

    Sometimes it is good to get it all out! I hope that you feel lighter today.

     
  • At 6/13/2006 07:01:00 PM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    whew....you say it girl! You were really on a roll there! no holding back! very creative way of expressing what really 'pisses' you off! Hey, at least you recognize these things, and dont hold back! You really had me laughing, because this isnt your usual self in your posts! The 'real' Maryann! Hey, we all feel this stuff, but it is funny how we dont really express it too often in our writing...that 'depressed' post I did the other day actually made me feel better..and your responses the past few days just brough tears to my eyes..of happiness..thank you for listening!

     
  • At 6/13/2006 08:43:00 PM, Blogger JUST ME said…

    Mary Ann,

    I hear ya girlfriend especially about one of the raves of people that gossip and talk bad about people and then turn around and are nice to you......

    That is why I had the anxiety attack the other day... I can't believe how people are and that is why I am posted for a job where now I will be alone and by myself with my boss and he will be traveling a whole bunch so then I will be isolated....

    I have a few friends I can count on, but the rest I can just go on without....

    It's a shame to feel that way, but I don't want to get hurt and the only way to do that is to isolate myself and be happy.....

     
  • At 6/13/2006 09:53:00 PM, Blogger Idamaria said…

    I spent 15 yrs of my life in the corporate world and had to get away from all the back stabbing, jealousy, brownie kissy face stuff...it's been 20 years gone from all that and would rather be out the $$$ than put up with all that crap again.People can be just plain mean and totally insensitive! Jean

     
  • At 6/15/2006 11:42:00 PM, Anonymous looney said…

    wow! really sad how some people can be so rude, blind and utterly mean! i think a lot of people feel this way but don't have the guts to say it (or write about it and have such a great way with words etc)...thanks for being courageous to say what you think and feel...remember accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative! xoxo loon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!