follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, June 30, 2006

time

(photo of the clock in my studio>>>& this is the time i got up this morning!) the topic for this week's studio friday... the times that i tend to do my most focused creative work, thinking, playing are pre-dawn OR late night...sometimes, i have been known to work in my studio (as well as in my 'satellite' studio, my office/guest bedroom, where the computer paraphernalia is located) straight after i have eaten dinner to the time my dh wakes up to go to work (that's the following morning, folks!)...if truth be told, i do sometimes take a catnap or two on the guest bed, hehehe! that's during the week...on the weekends (or on my days off), if i am not in the garden, about the house doing household chores or at an antique/thrift shop, you can usually find me dabbling & tinkering (as my husband calls it) in either studios...i float in & out throughtout the day. i guess that is the convenience of having no wee ones running amok at our place, lol! & this is a sign i made a few years ago, which i have hung on the wall of my studio>>> to serve as a constant reminder. time is short, as they say, & we've got to make the most of it. Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

  • At 6/30/2006 08:10:00 AM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said…

    We follow the same studio time! Wee hours in the morning and evening! I enjoyed teh saying you enclosed now, to live in the moment!

     
  • At 6/30/2006 09:51:00 AM, Blogger Joy Eliz said…

    Wow! an all nighter! Sounds like fun...and perhaps a little magical - like when fairies come out at night and sprinkle fairy dust all over the place! :)

    Love your Karma in Action plan...just reading your post made me feel happy...Thanks!

     
  • At 6/30/2006 10:00:00 AM, Anonymous naomi said…

    It definately sounds like you make the most of your time.

    Very cool!

     
  • At 6/30/2006 11:31:00 AM, Blogger norththreads said…

    my sign in my coat room says "time is precious....waste it wisley!"
    and i adore that pink trunk wow, its lovely!!!

     
  • At 6/30/2006 02:25:00 PM, Blogger Anke said…

    Uuuuhhhh! That's early. No mornings are definitely not my creative times! More toward lunch, afternoon. But that's interesting how other artist find there time to create or when!

     
  • At 6/30/2006 03:58:00 PM, Anonymous Tine said…

    That is so interesting! My time to create seems to be the late afternoon or also the evenings. But all night? Not for me, nope. Hahaha! Wow!
    I like the way your desk looks, so similar to mine!!

    xoxo

     
  • At 6/30/2006 07:29:00 PM, Blogger wendy said…

    Yep, i`m also a night owl, i am so not a morning person

     
  • At 6/30/2006 08:36:00 PM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    I am totally a night owl! I Live for 10PM- 1AM ;)
    I live in the moment, time seems to stand still for me when I create. I can miss meals, forget to do something else and even forget to pee! LOL
    I love to block out that ever-pesky clock and just live in the moment!
    ~ Gabi

     
  • At 7/01/2006 04:44:00 AM, Blogger irisz said…

    Oh, it seems you're working hard! But as weel it seems you enjoy to do!

     
  • At 7/02/2006 02:12:00 PM, Blogger Ouissi Gresty said…

    I love the quote...a great message to live by!

    Ouissi x

     
  • At 7/03/2006 09:20:00 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Oh, how I wish I could still work into the wee hours! That used to be my best time, but over the years that has changed. Sounds like a lot of your time is studio time! Good for you........and great quote to live by.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!