follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Monday, June 19, 2006

treasure tuesday

i realize that i am early for treasure tuesday, but i just woke up, after having slept the day away (with help of pain meds!)...my surgery went well, according to my doc...without going into the gory details...let just say i am recuperating from woman's surgery...& dear hubby would be mad to know that i have hobbled my way to the guestroom>>>but i was getting the blogging d-ts (lol...though softly & it actually hurts when i laugh) & i am staying up to take my 10 o'clock meds...poor dear, he was up early, my chauffeur, hand-holder, comfort, gofer (he picked up my pain meds & mailed some stuff), cook & nurse today...i found him fast asleep on the couch as i hobbled over to make him go to bed...i love that man so much! anyway, as i finally coaxed dh to bed, i noticed out our back patio doors, fireflies dancing about my garden...i love seeing them, as it always is a welcome sign of summer! & it brought me such pleasure to see them flitting about...i tried to take a snap of those wicked fast lovelies, but in vain...all i kept getting were black shots! so i took a nighttime snapshot of my cutting bed instead...& i think i must have attracted some, because i started seeing them blinking on & off with such mirth & joy... then it reminded me of this (copyrighted)poem i read by a lady named vera hardman, i wanted to share this, along with my snap, for my treasure tuesday: fireflies the fireflies light my garden in the early evening hours, as with their lanterns polished bright they dance amid the flowers. my garden then is fairyland where wishes all came true, and flowers lend their fragrance in a perfume ever new. daily cares all disappear, the years slip far away... there's magic in my garden at the ending of the day now, i think i'd better see about those pain meds, because my bottom is calling their name! sleep tight & don't let the bed bugs bite! xo, m.a. Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • At 6/20/2006 05:19:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    You My dear found the energy to post! You are simply amazing...I was feeling low yesterday and last night and just couldnt even think of doing it and here you are! Thank you for checking in..I figured one of your sisters or someone would post for you and let us know you were ok! You are one dedicated sister! Thank you! Glad you are feeling ok...continue to know we are here thinking and hoping you are feeling good..

     
  • At 6/20/2006 08:04:00 AM, Blogger andria said…

    Glad you are able to get up and around. Hope it wasn't anything serious, those "things" are never fun. Take it easy today.

     
  • At 6/20/2006 08:43:00 AM, Blogger Faith said…

    AWWW! Feel better soon! I klove fireflies!!! I have them in my garden at the studio and I come over here in the evening sometimes to watch the light show!!! It's magical!!!

     
  • At 6/20/2006 10:06:00 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    First of all, I'm glad your surgery went well. You listen to your husband and rest and try not to hurt yourself! ;)

    I really love the garden picture. And the fireflies poem was beautiful. I remember chasing fireflies with my cousin out in my Grandma G's back yard as a child. We never kept the fireflies for long, but it sure was fun chasing after them!

    I've posted a TT as well, about my Grandma G. Stop by and take a peek!

     
  • At 6/20/2006 11:06:00 AM, Blogger melba said…

    I am glad to hear you are doing OK. Your hubby sounds like a good man and I am glad you have someone to take care of you especially right now.
    Loved your poem and your sharing heart.
    Many loving thoughts are with you today!

     
  • At 6/20/2006 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Judy Scott said…

    Beautiful Mary Ann - stern voice WHAT ARE YOU DOING BLOGGING!!!!!! - normal voice - Glad you did though. lol. Your guardian angels are obviously with you and Im sure I can see a little fairy in the photo. big hugs m'darlin, brilliant to have you back Loads of love Judy x

     
  • At 6/20/2006 06:28:00 PM, Blogger Mom Nancy said…

    What a great picture! I can imagine the fireflies. I love them, too. Thanks for sharing and I hope your DH didn't get too upset! :)

    My TT is up, too, but don't hobble to the computer just to see it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!