follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

wysiwyg wednesday

is something i came up with on my drive home from work tonight...i was visiting ellia's blog the other day & she mentioned some crafty bloggers who gave away free (yeah, you read correctly, FREE, gratis, no $, nada) stuff on a weekly or semi-weekly basis, like here, here & here... these gals inspired me to do something along a similar vein...i am admittedly an insatiable collector of all sorts of stuff...that's what led me to friday's finds & now has led me to wysiwyg wednesdays ... {amusing, i know} >>> "wysiwyg" is, as you may know, computer jargon for "what you see is what you get" (pronounced, wiss EE wig)...as some of you may remember (or even seen in person) from prior posts, my studio is just burgeoning with all kinds of STUFF...i seriously need to declutter. & what better way to do so than to do a GIVEAWAY, starting tonight, which technically is still wednesday (& i am so into alliteration!)... here's how it's gonna work: 1) every other wednesday, i will post one or more items that will be up for grabs. 2)if you are interested, please leave me a comment stating so. 3)then at the end of the day, my dh will randomly select a name of the lucky recipient. 4) i will post that lucky person's name the following day. 5) the lucky person will email me with name & address. 6)i will ship freebie item(s) at no cost to the lucky recipient. 7) i expect nothing in return. 8) what you see is what you get. 9) once freebie has been shipped, lucky recipient will agree to waive any & all liability towards/from me. 10)freebie is non-returnable...& in the words of fellow blogger, scarecrow, make of it what you will! so, having outlined the "rules", here is the inaugural freebie for the very first wysiwyg wednesday ever>>> a mini, 4x6 scrapbook that i got at a scrapbook garage sale...this is not my creation, but some unknown scrapper...the papers & embellishments are mostly made by sei... what it looks like when opened... a closer look at one of the pages... all the pages are charmingly scrapped, so alls you need to do is add your PICS! what a deal, right?! ~~~ WHY would i want to give this cute thing away? & why in the world would i giveaway FREEBIES? wellllllllllll................it has to do with>>>KARMA=ACTION. the idea that for every action you do causes a reaction in the future>>>as the web research say, positive, caring actions will bring about positive results back to you (whereas negative, hurtful actions will result in future suffering)...the research i read goes on to say that the more mindfully you do good, then you do create good (as opposed to bad) karma...& don't we need to spread more of the good karma around? & also, that's just how i's rolls... since it's a very late wysiwyg wednesday, i will accept names until tomorrow, thursday night, say, 6 pm (central standard us time)...& then on friday (6/30), i will announce the lucky recipient! come on now, i know you want good karma>>>so get crack-a-lacking! {shine on} Posted by Picasa

19 Comments:

  • At 6/29/2006 05:17:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    oooooohhhhhh what a sweet idea, you are so giving....everything you do and write about, and until last years birthday when I said, it is My birthday, I am going to accept it and celebrate it because I was born on this day, I began accepting what others give...so I didnt return my earrings that Mark bought me...I will participate in this...what a great idea! When Melba sent me the magnets, I put them on an antique desk and was going to wrap them up and ssend them to my mom..because they are just so pretty, I wanted to share them with someone else, I have not parted without them yet, but will soon, share the beauty...

     
  • At 6/29/2006 05:23:00 AM, Blogger Jes said…

    great idea....put my name in the ring!! I'll post about it...but I'm not sure if I'll have time before I go to work this morning!! So it may have to be for next weeks! I have a very long post in my head!

     
  • At 6/29/2006 06:31:00 AM, Blogger Annette said…

    hey...i like scrapping! put my name down! :) oh , i got here through overwhelmed with joy.

     
  • At 6/29/2006 07:38:00 AM, Anonymous looney said…

    what a neat idea and you have so many cute things!!! please count me in... even though I don't have a blog, is that ok?! thanks for the great invitation for wysiwyg wednesday...xoxo looney

     
  • At 6/29/2006 09:09:00 AM, Blogger Teri C said…

    Mary Ann, do you ever rest? Your mind is always working!!:) You are so generous! Gosh!


    I do understand the need to de-clutter though.

     
  • At 6/29/2006 10:53:00 AM, Blogger maggiegracecreates said…

    I am so enjoying my ATC indulgence. I understand the KARMA thing. Please put me on the list and I will be back to check in weekly.

    Have a beautiful day.

     
  • At 6/29/2006 10:59:00 AM, Blogger melba said…

    I love seeing your studio. Where is it in your house?

    Loved all the links too. That is a great idea to share!!!
    You are so generous!

    XOXO!

     
  • At 6/29/2006 01:18:00 PM, Blogger norththreads said…

    this is so creative & charming!! L:uv it!!

     
  • At 6/29/2006 03:33:00 PM, Blogger EllyJane said…

    what a cool and generous idea! I love it and the bitty scrapbook! I'm in!!!

     
  • At 6/29/2006 03:36:00 PM, Blogger hannah said…

    What a lovely idea!! you are so kind. I think that this scrapbook today would be wasted on me as I never get around to filling books in and stuff, but I will check back again of course! wysiwyg looks like a welsh word you know.

     
  • At 6/29/2006 05:44:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Wow - this is such a great idea! Throw my name in there. I may have to take a page from you and do something similar over at my blog! What fun!!!

    Tammy

     
  • At 6/29/2006 06:15:00 PM, Blogger Kelly L. Watson said…

    this is awesome - thanks for the link! I definetly want to be involved :) But how can you stand to give them away?

     
  • At 6/29/2006 09:52:00 PM, Blogger andria said…

    You been watching My Name is Earl?

    What a neat idea, so cool of you.

     
  • At 7/01/2006 10:31:00 AM, Anonymous ellia said…

    ohhhhh what a wonderful idea!!! and so kind too!!congrats to tammy who won!!! it is always nice to see such giving people :D it makes a day just reading it!!!

    take much care!!! this week's freebie was BEAUTIFUL!

     
  • At 7/01/2006 11:18:00 PM, Blogger audrey said…

    I am going to make sure to not miss next weeks wysiwyg :0) You are so kind and generous and always come up with the coolest things.

     
  • At 7/05/2006 04:48:00 AM, Blogger weirdbunny said…

    Hi it's me Julia, sorry it's taken me so long to visit!! I was away, then we had workmen which are still here, it's been incredibaly hot. Yesterday the kids had sports day, things have just been mad, and I'#ve hardly touched the computer. I must get a fan or 20 for my house as we have none!! Love what your doing with the freebies!!

     
  • At 7/26/2006 08:28:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Baumiller said…

    Oh what a wonderful idea! Count me in!

     
  • At 8/29/2006 06:55:00 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    What a nice thing to do MaryAnn. Such a nice random act of kindness.

     
  • At 11/29/2006 05:06:00 PM, Anonymous Jen C said…

    Hi, please add me to the list! Thanks, Jen C.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!