follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Sunday, July 23, 2006

it's done!

about a month ago, i signed up for this fun craft swap hosted by african kelli...she called it a wristlet world swap (if you go to the bottom of my sidebar you can click on the wristlet world button to go check out what the heck i'm talking about & to read about other crafty participants!)... from what kelli has said in various emails, more than 30 participants worldwide have participated in this! how wicked cool is that?! anyhoo, i created this little number with my very own hands (as i am not that great with my sewing machines, though i own 3!)...things would have definitely gone quicker if i used one of my machines, but i really did not want to have yet another "battle of the wills" with it (& always am forever breaking the needle! i know, i'm too rough with my machines>>>that's why i leave 'em alone, so i won't abuse them lol)! i can always depend on my little sewing paws {smile}... found this wicked cute strawberry fabric in the remnant bin of walmart...it had the strawberries & vines already embroidered on it! how special is that? the other two fabrics (green & pink print) were from my own stash... "k" stands for "karen", my wristlet swap podner...et voila, the end product>>> front view (yes, the "k" is hand appliqued of my very own design & the little red button added a touch of whimsy)... back view (oops, i've sewn the back piece upside down...but it doesn't really matter, right? it still goes with the flow...) & all the goodies i'm going to stuff into this 8.5" x 5.5" wristlet...i hope my swap podner will be as delighted as i was in making this for her! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 7/24/2006 08:10:00 AM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    Oh this is SOOOOO cute!!! What a fun swap! I'll have to check out the link! You did a great job on it! I LOVE strawberries so it's right up my alley!!
    She'll love it!!
    ~XO
    Gabi

     
  • At 7/24/2006 03:51:00 PM, Anonymous beki said…

    Good job! I'm sure your partner will love it. I need to get busy on yours...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!