follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Sunday, July 23, 2006

mail prezzies!

hey all>>>we're BACK>>>YAY!!! we had a nice time up north (more about that later)... i must say, it was wicked weird to be away from the blogosphere for that long!!! it felt really weird not having to do all my weekly art challenges... & to be without computer/internet...really not cool... but, it wasn't as heinous as i originally thought it was gonna be>>> i actually survived the temporary cut-off! who would've thunk?! when we got home, joe says to me, hey you've got stuff in the mail. thinking that it was the usual suspects: bills, catalogues & junk mail, wouldn't you know how WIDE my eyes became when i spied these lovely packages!!! OMG!

& less than a week from my birthday! YAY! how wicked cool is that???! i'm all for getting early b-day prezzies! i received three pacakges in the mail>>>so exciting! one was from serendipity, her handmade art-zine called postal press... she included some wonderful arty freebies (wicked generous!) & next issue's project... there was even a nifty little article about my pal melba's mixed media memoirs (hooray melba! so proud of you!! {smile}) i was choked up with sheer gratitude & delight when i opened my little package from my dear friend & blog sista, jude!!! the depth & breadth of her art ASTOUND me! i've said it before & i'll be happy to say it again>>> i *heart* judy! thank you m'darlin' for thinking of me & sending me such bounty of love! i love everything , but most of all, i cherish our friendship!!!! (& thanks nancy, who was kind enough to pass this along to the rightful address!) & finally, but certainly not the least!>>> an actual b-day prezzie from my beautiful pal, melba! i actually did tear up as i opened all my wonderful little packages that melba so beautifully wrapped (i* heart* melba too!!!!). i immediately put on the pretty beaded bracelet that she made for me (see 1st snap)... & she also sent me this AMAZING handblown star! OMG!!! it is exquisite! melba, i cannot even begin to thank you for all these wonderful prezzies & for remembering my birthday & the sweet little note you wrote... i feel blessed to have you in my life too my dear! & melba, you know what they say, what comes around goes around>>>you're next! i've something to send your way for your b-day too!!!! us leo gals need to stick together, right?! wow! what an absolute & wonderful surprise to come home to! now, the daunting *ahem* fun task to play CATCH-UP...i've missed so much, especially visiting my blogging pals & participating in those art challenges! thank goodness, i have another week off to do just that!Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 7/23/2006 09:40:00 PM, Blogger melba said…

    I missed you!!!
    I am actually updating the justBe...blog and I am checking to make sure links worked and I saw you had posted so I had to stop and comment.

    Your welcome!!!
    Glad that you liked your surprises...when I saw that glass star I thought of you!!!
    (((HUGS)))

     
  • At 7/24/2006 08:07:00 AM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    Welcome home!! I missed your corner of sunshine on my daily blog-patrol!!! It looks like you were welcomed home with such an array of lovely goodies!! Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope your trip was lovely! I am off to catch up on your recent posts!
    XO
    Gabi

     
  • At 7/26/2006 04:41:00 PM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    wow, you must have been totally amazed with these packages you received! what a homecoming! you deserve it! what a sweet surprise!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!