follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Thursday, July 27, 2006

mixed media memoirs

this is the topic for last week's mmm... (i'm trying to catch up with my art challenges while i was away last week)... no, i'm not desperately wanting to have a baby...but there are times when i am caught off guard, like when strangers/patients ask me why i haven't any kids, or i'll be driving along the highway & then the sudden realization hits me like a ton of bricks that i haven't reached the pinnacle of womanhood>>>being a mother...yet, which then has me soon bawling with tears ( i think this happens around the time i am pms-ing!)...both joe & i adore children & i think we would make awesome parents to a little joe or little mary ann...i mean, we both were surrounded with chitlins growing up>>>my mother at my age had 5 children, 2 of whom where already in college! & my late mother-in-law, she had borne 11 children!!!...that, i suppose, was then & this is now... joe & i have discussed this long ago that we will accept whatever life throws our way & be happy with what we're dealt with...i do not want or deem it necessary to go through, what i feel, are extreme measures for the sake of motherhood. i know of a few people who have gone that route & seriously, that's not for me! i just don't want to endure all the emotional, physical & financial drain that are so part & parcel to fertilizing one's eggs! my word! it's way too much! if it's meant to be, then it will be...if it's not, then so be it. i'm okay with that & so is my dh. we like to think that all our nieces & nephews from both sides of the family (& joe has 30+ nieces & nephews!) are our "temp chitlins"...we want them to take comfort in knowing that each & everyone of them can count on us for guidance, support & love>>>always! & besides, according to this, first-time older mothers apparently are a growing trend these days...who knows what the future holds? but i vow to carry on & embrace each day as fully & as authentically as possible>>>live in the present, not in the past or future, but in the here & now. now that is a happy birthday wish for me! Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 7/27/2006 02:55:00 PM, Blogger melba said…

    You have such an amazing healthy attitude. The world needs more women like you!!!

    You are an example for us all!

     
  • At 7/27/2006 03:01:00 PM, Blogger Sofia Barao said…

    Yes I do think just the same as you that's why I haven't done any more of what the nature wants to bring in our way too.
    Sometimes it's hard but I think I don't have the strength to go 'throu all of that too ...so basically let's live our lifes and see what the future will bring, right ?
    thank you very much for your nice comment on my blog :)

     
  • At 7/27/2006 07:17:00 PM, Blogger Loca said…

    Agree with you. I'm a mother of three, two twin boys of seven years old and a little baby girl, so I guess I'm blessed. I didn't get pregnant for five years and I thought I would never have any child, but them, when I wasn't thinking of it anymore, I got pregnant of my twins. Like you I didn't want to get into treatments or anything. Hope life brings you what ever you wish.
    Thanks so much for your nice comment on my blog.
    :))

     
  • At 7/27/2006 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    May God open the flood gates in your life. He will truly give you what you desire, if you delight yourself in Him. Remember, He gives you those desires.
    Blessings to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!