follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

wysiwyg wednesday

hi all!!! it's time to play>>>wysiwyg wednesday!!! to read up on the "rules" go here... & there is a slight twist to this week's ww...if you recall, i had posted some lovely finds recently...& i had proposed that you were to guess how much i paid for those nifty items (remember, think LOWBALL hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink)... for you international folks, click here to convert currency to usd...& if you've guessed correctly, then your name will be put in a pool & the dh will randomly select FOUR lucky recipients (YAY!) wednesday night (after 6 pm, central us time)...get it? good... 'cuz here is item one up for grabs... the art doll chronicles: a collaborative journey of discovery...featuring 9 artists such as teesha moore, lynne perrella, to name a few...i'm not really that into making dolls (well, of this size or stature)...but it is 175 pages full of colorful pictures & text about how each woman created her doll, the process & feelings she had during it all...i found this at a garage scrapbook sale...& i'd rather give it to someone who would truly appreciate this...

item two: a twin set that is only collecting dust in my studio...these are mini, self-help books...one of them i found at a thrift store & the other was, i think, a well-meaning gift...oops... item three: i don't know what you call this, but i found this at a scrapbook garage sale, too...i think it said it was "wall art", where the "H" stands for "home" & when you undo the ribbon, a little accordian book unfolds where you can put pics of your family, pets, etc...it really is a sweet thing...but again, i am being ruthless in my pursuit of de-cluttering>>>LOL! (p.s., this is only one item, not two...it's just how the photo collage turned out on this one...) item four: my ribbon collection needs to be majorily downsized! i have way too much!!!! these are four spools of sparkly xmas ribbon (about 1.5 inches wide), each spool is 4 yards long... they are brand new, never been opened, still has the plastic seal...i got these on clearance way after xmas...i simply must let these go...well, there you have it...now, it's time to have a guess, use the currency converter above if need be & leave me a comment if interested in one or more of the items (yes, i will let you play for more than one item, just to make things interesting!)...each item will have its own "pool" of names, so comment away!!!! i know, the dh will be "working" hard this week...but hey, that's okay!

you can start NOW until 7 pm central standard us time wednesday night 7.12.06...good luck! lucky recipients will be announced on thursday 7.13.06 Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

  • At 7/12/2006 07:16:00 AM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    G'Mornin! I like the Wall Art "H". :) What a fun way to get stuff moving along!
    Have a happy WYSIWYG Wednesday!
    XO
    Gabi

     
  • At 7/12/2006 08:00:00 AM, Blogger scarecrow said…

    Is that a spirit doll I see???

    BWAHahahahahaha!!!!

    Later

     
  • At 7/12/2006 08:07:00 AM, Blogger Raesha D said…

    I would love to be in the pool for the self help books and the Home wall art. My guess for your friday finds is that you paid $11.00 total. I love Goodwill too - prices can be little high sometimes but I have a handicapped sister who works for Goodwill so I like to support their organization for that reason.

     
  • At 7/12/2006 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    I played (and won!) the last wysiwyg Weds, so don't put my name in the drawings! Let someone else win, but I'm guessing that you spent:

    50 cents on the first book
    $1.00 total for both of the second books
    25 cents for the H wall thingy
    25 cents/roll of the ribbon.

    A grand total of $2.75! :)

     
  • At 7/12/2006 02:37:00 PM, Blogger weirdbunny said…

    Okay I'd say 10 dollars?

     
  • At 7/12/2006 08:41:00 PM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    7.00 is my lucky number, so I will go for this! I love this idea and so so need to purge through my stuff....I felt so good last year when I did it around this time, and need to find some time to do it again....I love your creative way of handing down your treasures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!