follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, August 25, 2006

the cat's out of the bag

a while back, i posted some art work that alluded to changes...well>>> look who's going ENTREPRENURIAL {again}....c'est moi! i'm going to do some private practice work w/ my dear friend & colleague, allison. AND i am working on opening an etsy shop! this has been a LONG time coming & now is the time to move on to bigger & better things! i fly the coop on sept.6th... it will be so good to work for MYSELF again (i was in private practice the year we left maine) ...it was incredibly TOUGH to work for someone else when we relocated to the midwest 3 years ago, especially after having had the taste of being my own boss! IT FEELS GOOD TO BE FREE, can i just tell you?! now i will have the time & flexibility to devote my wakening hours to MY interests, MY agenda, MY goals, MY husband, MY family, MY passions, MY LIFE. yes, this means, NO MORE wicked long commutes, waking up at ridiculously early hours, working long & hectic work days, having to be forced to work with people i neither like nor respect! THE reign of BULLsh-t is FINALLY OVER! thank goodness! & about flippin' time!!!! this is all GOOD>>>i can feel the excitement & positive energy in my bones. to take control of my TIME & to live the life that i have always imagined>>>are oh so much more valuable to me than money alone! life is too short & all that. i feel empowered. & that feels right. Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

  • At 8/25/2006 01:11:00 PM, Anonymous Michel Murphy said…

    Congratulations! You will really be able to appreciate this new direction after all you have been through. I'm happy for you.

     
  • At 8/25/2006 03:57:00 PM, Blogger andria said…

    YEAH! How totally awesome! I can just feel the excitement in you. Congrats!

     
  • At 8/25/2006 04:12:00 PM, Anonymous angelica torrez said…

    Way to GO Mary Ann..... Like I have said all along life is tooo short go and enjoy it girlfriend

    I am happy and proud of youuuuuu!

     
  • At 8/25/2006 09:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mary Ann - Congratulations on flying the coop! I was so excited to hear the news of your business venture. It must be nice to work for yourself. Although, they will miss you in Rockford. My first time on your blog ... hope you get the message. I've enjoyed your blog so far. Talk 2 U Soon.

    Mary H.

     
  • At 8/25/2006 09:29:00 PM, Blogger Jes said…

    ezieoh my god...oh my god...oh my god...this is WONDERFUL news!! GOOD for you!! Can't wait to see what fab things you will be seeling!

    I miss you...I have been just so busy, but am taking a week off next week and plan on visiting some of my bloggy friends to say hello!

    AGAIN...BIG congrats! xoxox

     
  • At 8/25/2006 09:31:00 PM, Blogger Jes said…

    ps...I don't have any have any idea what that "ezie" is in front of "oh"...big ole typo I guess!!

     
  • At 8/25/2006 09:32:00 PM, Blogger Jes said…

    OH MY...and I spelled "selling" wrong too....what on earth???

    maybe the wine? hehehehe.....

     
  • At 8/25/2006 11:31:00 PM, Blogger melba said…

    I had a feeling your news was something about leaving your job. It just didn't suit you (the haters hating everything and being negative) Now you will be around us all more and we are positive and cheerful...most of the time ;)

    Happy, Happy dance for you!!!!

     
  • At 8/26/2006 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said…

    The freedom to be! Happiness be yours! Congratulations!!

     
  • At 8/26/2006 04:45:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    can I come too!!!!! Awesome Maryann! I am proud of you that you have done this for yourself and your family! I have the confidence that you will be the most passionate loving business owner! I am so happy for you I dont even know what to say! Cant WAIT to see you etsy shop! Sending lots of good wishes, with your love for things, you will do wonderfully......!

     
  • At 8/26/2006 08:30:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Baumiller said…

    Well Go YOU!!! Congrats on your new adventure! I hope it brings you much enjoyment! Being your own boss is great! :)

    I am so happy for you! :)

    WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

     
  • At 8/28/2006 11:25:00 PM, Anonymous looney said…

    yayyyyyyyyyyy, the witch is dead!!!!!! now you can follow the yellow brick road..yes...follow the yellow brick road... that will lead you to endless rainbows! so happy and proud of you!!!!!!!!!! xoxo looney

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!