follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Saturday, August 19, 2006

en vogue

is the name of this piece i created for artwords (monochromatic) & wednesday stamper (swirls)...either i've got project runway on the brain OR i'm thinking of my pal, angie wangie, who's got dress forms on her brain, lol! it all started out with these paisley stamps (hero arts), which i've attempted to swirl around on white cardstock, & i then aged with 'old paper' distress ink (tim holtz)...& the rest is collaged scraps, ephemera & ribbons, all in the cream/sepia/black color scheme...you can check out other monochromatic pieces here & swirly pieces here. Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

  • At 8/19/2006 07:30:00 AM, Anonymous benshirin said…

    Great colage, I love it, looks fun!

     
  • At 8/19/2006 09:11:00 AM, Anonymous Nellie said…

    It's beautiful! I has so much going on when looking at it you see new things all the time.

     
  • At 8/19/2006 09:56:00 AM, Anonymous looney said…

    ga-ga-gorgeoussssssssssssss!!!! how do you do it??? everything just blends so well and fits in every nook and cranny as if it were meant to be...simply gorgeous! xoxo looney ;)

     
  • At 8/19/2006 12:40:00 PM, Anonymous Hermine said…

    This is really beautyful, all the colors blend in so well, just my taste.

     
  • At 8/19/2006 03:07:00 PM, Blogger andria said…

    That is really beautiful. Wish I had time to learn that.

     
  • At 8/20/2006 07:37:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Baumiller said…

    Stunning! It is busy with goodies!...just the way I like! :) Great work darlin!

     
  • At 8/20/2006 08:24:00 PM, Blogger Nancy Maxwell James said…

    gorgeous work!!!! I love your details!!!

     
  • At 8/21/2006 05:59:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    love this vintave look, so cute....I need to get more creative with my stamping....I have some little girls coming tomorrow, my 'sweet memory' friend and her god child (she doesnt have any children, but I include her godchild in everything)...I had made that basket for her when she came to visit last time and she never took it apart and her godchild wanted it....so she gave it to her and she wants to come and make cards with me, so tommorrow it is!

     
  • At 8/21/2006 08:24:00 AM, Anonymous Belinda said…

    very en vogue! love it

     
  • At 8/21/2006 01:24:00 PM, Anonymous Sigrid said…

    Beautiful. It has a nice depth to it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!