follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Saturday, August 26, 2006

flora no.2

(click on image to see it larger)
i've finally finished altering 6 envies for this swap that i'm in at crackerbox palace, my new fave stampin' store. the envies all look (mostly) like the one above. i took a totally white envie, stamped a swirl foam stamp with clear versamark ink & then took a dauber sponge & spread sea breeze ink all over the surface...i don't know if you can see, but the swirls pop through (thanks to the versamark ink)...i used two shades of blue ink for the stamped winged image, postage stamp, & text as well as two shades of green for the roses, floral medallion & dragonflies. then the last bit (& i learned this from my pals, angie wangie & michel) spread fairy dust over the dragonflies (it's hard to see the glitter, but in real-life, it's shimmery)...i thought i'd also submit another entry to wednesday stamper, which the theme is flora. *** i also wanted to let all my pals, both on & offline, know how deeply touched i am by all your well wishes & vote of confidence in me! your generous words of support mean more to me than you will ever know. i know in my heart of hearts that i am following my bliss. thank you from the bottom of my heart! much love & appreciation, mary ann xoxo Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 8/27/2006 03:08:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    I just discovered versamark myself, but need to get more creative with it, your swirly is great...I always love your colors, this project is great as usual!

     
  • At 8/28/2006 07:54:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Maxwell James said…

    what a beautiful piece of art.
    I love the color combo you selected. just gorgeous!

     
  • At 8/28/2006 11:22:00 PM, Anonymous looney said…

    such vibrant colors that really blend so nicely...breathtaking! love it!!! xoxo looney

     
  • At 8/29/2006 06:39:00 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    MaryAnn, those envies that you did are beautiful! I have never tried anything like that. And I love the colors. Great job!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!