follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Thursday, August 24, 2006

flora

is the theme for mittwoch stempler aka wednesday stamper {grin}...& this is my entry for this week...i just adore flowers & plants>>>gardening is one of my biggest passions...& i love to grow my own flowers, veggies & herbs from seed. it gives me immense satisfaction & joy to watch a tiny seed grow into something so amazingly beautiful>>> & the process is sow easy! anyhoo, how'd i do this? well, i ink distressed a piece of white envie using inks by tim holtz. then i overlaid the inked surface with "crackle" stamp by stampin' up! then i used the 'honeycomb' clear acrylic stamp from the fresh flower elements set by christine adolph>>>this became the background. over this background, i used contrasting colors (tim holtz inks) to stamp more of the fresh flower elements (christine aldoph's). the face/wing image is from stamp-in-a-hand...the original stamp had the face embedded in a clock, but i snipped that off & re-attached the mis-matched wings to the face...the text at the bottom of the collage is from paper artsy. the green/white polka dot mat is scrap paper by making memories...check out more flora pieces here...& enjoy! Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • At 8/24/2006 06:35:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Baumiller said…

    Great work Mary Ann! It is gorgeous! I love the honey comb stamp!

    new blog:
    http://somethingtwocrowabout.typepad.com

     
  • At 8/24/2006 07:20:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Maxwell James said…

    this is beautiful work! I love the face with the wings in the corner and colors!

     
  • At 8/24/2006 07:37:00 AM, Anonymous Benshirin said…

    Yes I enjoy, I love such organic solours!

     
  • At 8/24/2006 11:31:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    so pretty, I love gardens, but I am not the gardner, I did buy some clay pots for ks garden party...to paint, so maybe I will even break down and try something to plant in them..any ideas?!

     
  • At 8/25/2006 05:55:00 AM, Blogger firstborn said…

    thank you nance b,nancy j, benshirin,& pauline>>>i so appreciate your kind words!

    & pauline, you can easily grow herbs both outdoors & indoors! i think you should start there...any herb will grow happily inside!

    mary ann xo

     
  • At 8/26/2006 05:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi mary-ann, this is a amazing card, wonderful colors and motives ...
    greetings bea

     
  • At 8/29/2006 06:52:00 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Again, you do beautiful work MaryAnn. I love the honeycomb stamp and the colors you chose.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!