follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, August 18, 2006

friday's finds

sorry i've been MIA lately...the past couple of days at work have been, in a word, CRAZY! last wednesday, i came home very late, barely got to see my show {project runway}, was disappointed to see that one of my fave designers {allison} got kicked off {though her design was fugly!} & before i knew it, it was THURSDAY already!!! & then i had to get up & go back to hell, i mean, work! i didn't even know i drifted off to la-la land because the last thing i remember, i was watching (or trying to) my other fave show, junk brothers ... then after work yesterday, i basically crashed at my friend allison's, who lives near the hospital where i work...i was so dang tired that joe didn't want me to drive home (an hour's commute) in an exhausted state. i literally drove home this morning...TGIF as it's my day off today & NOW my weekend begins!!!! &>>> it's time for friday's finds {yay}! last week today, i was in st. louis visiting my pal, angie wangie. we scored BIG at a yard sale>>>i got a wicked cool wooden easel for $10 usd & angie wangie got these cool vintage turquoise canning jars for 50 cents usd each! then on our way to breakfast at that fab tea room (miss aimee bee's), i spotted this ESTATE SALE sign & told angie, we gotta check that out! & lucky we did 'cuz, it was 1/2 price day {sweet!} & i found all sorts of nifty goodies & angie did too>>>check the photo collage above>>> the stuff sitting on top of the concrete wall is what i found (but, alas, could not take back with me on the plane, sniff, sniff...tho angie's gonna mail me this lot to me, unless her folks from chicago visit her this weekend, then i will just p/u my junk at her mom's)...anyhoo, i bought some vintage lace, ric-rac, buttons, other sewing paraphernalia, these lovely pins & brooches (which i will have to take a pic of when i finally get these things in my possesssion again)....BUT angie scored huge here as she snapped up that painted chair & wingback chair! oh you should have seen us stuff that big, ol' wingback in the back of angie's suv! it was A SIGHT, let me tell ya! lol! by the day's end, angie wangie's car was PACKED to the gills! i wonder what angie's hubby thought about all this stuff sitting in their foyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! while i was at my friend allison's last night, she showed me a wicked bunch of stuff she has found at her goodwill, salvation army, miscellaneous garage sales, the disney store, sam's club & wicked cool $1 sock sale at this very chi-chi store in the town i work...i cannot BELIEVE her incredible deals! she bought 23 pairs of socks at that fab sock sale! my fave has got to be this pair>>>when pigs fly...lol! i not only have showed & told about my finds, but a couple of friends as well...it's YOUR turn>>>what lucky finds have you to show & tell? please leave a comment with your link or post your finds here. {now, i think i will go take a lie down now...i'm still sleepy...see you later after i catch some zzzzzzs!} Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

  • At 8/18/2006 08:05:00 AM, Anonymous angelica torrez said…

    look at all these great FRIDAY FINDS.... My husband brought this big ole box home yesterday and soon I will be mailing your stuff to you..... I had a great time and the only regret I have is that shabby table that I left behind.. Oh well it's someone else's treasure now right???? Have a good weekend and lots of fun at your stamp thingy this weekend. Love Angie Wangie

     
  • At 8/18/2006 08:17:00 AM, Blogger melba said…

    WOW! You have to be the best shopper ever! I love seeing all your stuff.
    Hope work isn't too crazy today.
    XO!

     
  • At 8/18/2006 01:22:00 PM, Blogger Metallyptica said…

    Hi!!

    Just wanted to say that my give-away goodies have arrived today!! It was great when my mother came to wake me up and said "hey, wake up! there's a package from the us to you!" I immediatly came out of the bed and started enjoying my new stuff!!

    I'm really thankfull! It was very thoughtfull of you!! :)

     
  • At 8/19/2006 02:15:00 PM, Blogger Susan Tuttle said…

    What a day of finds and pure FUN!!!!! If you move back to Maine, we must go garage saling (??)--sounds like a sport. My hubbie doesn't like to go, but I LOVE to--like a treasure hunt!

    Hugs,
    Susan

     
  • At 8/20/2006 01:03:00 AM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said…

    I cannot wait to be in france to go to the fleamarkets again...I promise to show you!! Thanks for teasing us with your finds!

     
  • At 8/21/2006 06:00:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    what a wonderful memory you have made with that visit! great finds!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!