follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Sunday, August 27, 2006

an invitation

i know it's wicked early to be talking holidays, but i would very much like to host a swap...a cookie swap to be exact. & it's open to anyone interested, blogger & non-blogger/lurkers alike... every year, my sisters & i throw a cookie swap at mom's, aka grandma's special house...like the fab cookie spread that my sisters & i did last year. this was our section>>>there were more cookies opposite these tables>>>we had an insane amount of SUGAR at that party, lol! but hey, 'tis the season... now how are we going to do this, you ask? well, i thought it would be neat if we all exchanged a few of our fave cookie RECIPES (& if so inclined, you could send a dozen of your baked delights to your designated swap partner, BUT only if you want to & your partner requests for such)...okay? the main idea is to send your swap partner, say 2-3 of your fave cookie or dessert recipes, write/type it out on a standard index card...& for some extra oomph & festivity, why not enclose your recipes in a nifty handmade or store-bought booklet, envie, tin or creative container/holder of your liking & choosing... for example, last year, i made (an inordinate amount of) recipe booklets out of paper lunch sacks to give out as favors to our guests...i had made 3 different kinds of cookies & thus provided 3 recipe cards & stashed them inside the pockets of the booklet... a peek inside of what i'm talking about... a closer view of the front of the booklet...now, you can be elaborate or simple in your design>>>that is entirely up to you...just don't forget to add your recipe cards... i'm hoping this will generate some interest>>>i think this would be wicked fun! don't you think? if you think so, please email me (pohlmckeating@earthlink.net)... & oh yes, please let me know whether or not you would like an international partner...i will happily take names until october 1, 2006. after that, i will pair you up with a swap partner. once i've done the pairings, then swap participants will have between the weeks of november 20-december 4, 2006 to mail out their cookie recipes &/or baked goodies. i know that we all have some wicked yummy cookie recipes up our collective sleeves...why not spread the sweetness around? i invite you to join in on the fun as we pour some sugar all around the world! 8/29 addendum: i've created a flickr group, so you can click on "cookie swap 2006~~JOIN" >>>@ the top of my sidebar or simply click here. {smiles} Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

  • At 8/27/2006 11:17:00 PM, Blogger norththreads said…

    Wow! You just dont stop do you girl?????? Luv this idea, wish I had more time!! This should go over big & your booklets great!

     
  • At 8/28/2006 07:11:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Baumiller said…

    Sweeeeeeeeet Idea! I hope I can swing this..but I wont put my name in just yet! I have seen this in magazines and it looks so fun! But I do have a little tip for sending cookies is to put torn up pieces of fresh bread in your cookie container...keeps the cookies moist! I do this at home and just change the bread when the cookies have absorbed the moisture from the bread! :) I will keep this cookie swap in mind! Hugs and love

     
  • At 8/28/2006 09:24:00 AM, Blogger melba said…

    Yummy!!!
    One year at work we did a cookie swap and it was so much fun. I don't really know too many cookie recipes. I usually just make these sprits cookies in a cookie press around the holidays. I will try to think up some.

    (and thanks for the connection...Jes said yes!!!)

     
  • At 8/28/2006 09:35:00 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    I love this idea!! Sounds like so much fun. I'm not much of a baker, but I am a collector of recipes - so I have a few I can think of to share! I'll email ya!

     
  • At 8/28/2006 04:04:00 PM, Blogger Metallyptica said…

    Hi Mary Ann, just wanted to check if you already got a package from me...
    I sent it 2 or 3 days after I got your package...

    Best regards!!

     
  • At 8/28/2006 11:17:00 PM, Anonymous looney said…

    what a yummy idea!!!!! count me in...last year's swap was such a success... would love to bake and exchange both cookies and recipes, especially to a foreign land (domestic is great too!)

    you're absolutely on the mark, nancy! i also put a fresh bread slice on the bottom of the cookie jar, to keep them deliciously moist! xoxo looney

     
  • At 8/29/2006 07:05:00 AM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    Sinfully delicious!! Count me in! I'll email you in a few!
    (YAY! LOONEY's in TOO!! )
    XO
    Gabi

     
  • At 8/29/2006 08:11:00 PM, Blogger Rohanknitter said…

    Sounds great, count me in!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!