follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

paint

is the challenge for this week's inspire me thursday... this is where we were supposed to use paint & only paint as our medium... i used nancy's acrylic paint technique using an old credit card (except in my case, i used a piece of chipboard)...these two pieces here look aquatic to me (above & below)...particularly the second piece>>> reminds me of a lochness-type creature! then my herb society friend, elsa, told me about this art class where she learned to make backgrounds using shaving cream & acrylic paints...i thought i'd give it a whirl...& these are my attempts! this was kinda fun to do...reminded me of the time i worked with preschool kiddos & one of their art projects was this very activity, painting with shaving cream & tempura paints! but, i think next time i try this, i think i better buy some unscented shaving cream bec. the shaving cream i used here stunk to high heaven! pee-yew! Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

  • At 8/30/2006 02:01:00 AM, Blogger Suzie Q said…

    Wow, Mary Ann! Shaving Cream?!! I'd not heard of that one before, but it's incredibly effective!
    Great results from both techniques! Love your choice of colours...

    xXx

     
  • At 8/30/2006 02:05:00 AM, Blogger scarecrow said…

    Now this is what I am talkin about. This sea monster stuff is way too cool! In fact it makes me so happy that I want to laugh out loud. BWAHahahahahahahahaha!!!
    Later

     
  • At 8/30/2006 06:21:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Baumiller said…

    Love your results! Hmmm shaving cream...now thats a new one I haven't heard of yet! lol...But I love the result...I love the marbled effect it left you with! It is so pretty! *giggling* at the scented shaving cream comment, that had to of been one aweful smell hehe! Hugs darlin!

     
  • At 8/30/2006 07:16:00 AM, Blogger himavant said…

    great idea!

     
  • At 8/30/2006 08:32:00 AM, Blogger Amy Zaleski said…

    I love how free these paintings are. I have never really tried the credit card method. You got some interesting textures from it. Very aquatic, indeed! Thanks for your comment on my blog.

     
  • At 8/30/2006 04:17:00 PM, Blogger nirmala said…

    This is kool..a new thing to learn..the abstracts are grt...

     
  • At 8/30/2006 05:28:00 PM, Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said…

    this last one looks as if is marbled paper... but I guess that is basically what it is: that is a real skill!!

     
  • At 8/30/2006 10:01:00 PM, Blogger melba said…

    I love these; especially the bottom ones with the shaving creme. Cool!

     
  • At 8/31/2006 07:16:00 AM, Anonymous looney said…

    woa! such pretty colors...who would have thought, shaving cream?! that's something the kiddies would love to do...you're so lucky to have elsa, such a creative force despite her age...wish i had someone like her by me...xoxo looney

     
  • At 8/31/2006 06:39:00 PM, Anonymous Meltem Sozer said…

    Very original ideas, especially the shaving cream. I love the end results.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!