follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

treasure tuesday

it's time for faith's treasure tuesday...& for this week, i've decided to share something that i received in the mail yesterday>>> something so totally unexpected, so heartwarming, so touching. i just had to share! some of you may (or may not) know that i do this semi-weekly meme i call, wysiwyg wednesday. i few wednesdays ago, i had given away some things from my studio {FREEBIES} & a gal who goes by the name, crafty metallyptica, was one of my lucky recipients... she had "won" a set of crafty books (gooseberry patch) that i no longer used. she tells me that she was so thrilled with winning these freebies that she felt compelled to send me something in return...this is the totally unexpected part, because as part of my wysiwyg wednesday rules, whatever freebie i giveaway, i do not expect anything in return, whatsoever! wasn't i SURPRISED to receive a package from her all the way from PORTUGAL! she sent me all these beautiful & thoughtful goodies, many of them things which she has either collected, like her dried leaves & portuguese stamps... & she lovingly sent me these vintage beads & cards that her own grammie had given her! i cannot believe that she would part with something so personal to someone like me>>>a virtual stranger... one whom she has never met & who randomly won something on my silly, just-for-kicks, meme! i am astounded by the utter kindness & generosity she has extended to me! never in a million years would i think my silly little group meme would have this sort of impact! wow, the power & magic of the universe>>> truly awesome! thank you tete {crafty metallyptica} from the bottom of my heart. words cannot express how deeply touched i am... i will treasure your gifts always! mary ann xoxo Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

  • At 8/29/2006 08:45:00 AM, Blogger Metallyptica said…

    I am so, so, so happy that you enjoyed my package that words can never tell.

    I am so honoured to be blogged about by you that you can't imagine!!

    And so... I just wanna thank you over and over again!!

    If it wasn't for you I would never ever had started the crafty blog and I'd probably stopped being a crafty wannabe!! Thank you so, so much!!

    Kisses all the way from Portugal!!

    Tété

     
  • At 8/29/2006 09:04:00 AM, Blogger Faith said…

    Awww. What a neat treasure! How sweet! Love it - love it!

    thanks for playing along!!

     
  • At 8/29/2006 06:06:00 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    MaryAnn, that has to be the sweetest story that I have heard. What a nice lady. See, there are nice people in the world.

    Brenda

     
  • At 8/31/2006 12:00:00 AM, Blogger norththreads said…

    HOw fabulous!!! Lucky girl!

     
  • At 8/31/2006 07:24:00 AM, Anonymous looney said…

    totally agree with brenda! it's so great to know that kindness has no boundaries...what a special gift all the way from portugal...metallyptica has such a kind and genuine heart...thank you metallyptica for sharing true kindness and touching so many hearts...xoxo looney

     
  • At 8/31/2006 08:04:00 AM, Blogger Metallyptica said…

    Oh my gosh, girls!!!

    I never thought it would touch so many hearts with my package... but I'm glad it did!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!