follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, September 08, 2006

friday's finds

there's a nip in the air this morning & it smells like fall is coming! i love this time of year, when the days are crisp & the leaves start to turn... & my thoughts of late turn to the coming of autumn...my trip to michael's craft store the other day proved fruitful as i found this reproduction of a vintage halloween image. i love finding vintage holiday images...they are so much sweeter than the garish stuff that you might typically find out there! plus i am partial to cats {smile} & we actually had a black kitty at one time (one of these days i post something about him)...& who could resist these cute fall stamps for a $1.00/pair each. just in time for my fall projects! & in the clearance bin, i found thess mini notebooks that i plan to alter... & just as i was checking out, i spied this mag>>> it seems everyone's jumping on the flea-market bandwagon! always a sucker for mags like this! oh, i can't wait for some exciting, upcoming fairs like the renegade craft fair in chicago next weekend, country living's antique fair in chicago next month & {this is the wicked exciting one!}i'm actually going to MAINE at the end of the month to visit all sort of pals like my second mom, annie, carol, etc as well as blogging pals, susan & jes! oh, i never thought i'd be one of those dreaded "leaf peepers" when i go there, but i don't care, i'm a mainer at heart! the foliage there at this time of year is A*MA*ZING! i cannot wait!!!! anyhoo, i digress...what are your nifty finds for this week? oh please do share. you know the drill by now>>>leave a comment with your link or post your lovelies on flickr here. yep, life is good!

5 Comments:

  • At 9/08/2006 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Suzie Q said…

    Wow, Mary Ann, there's no keeping up with you! :) You have been busy!
    I love the piece you made for Ariel's fund, and the Wednesday stamper pink piece - gorgeous! :)
    I hope you had a wonderful wedding anniversary, too. Such a lovely couple you make :)

    At last, I have a great find or two to share with you! Here's the link - http://suzie-qs.blogspot.com/2006/09/another-lovely-find.html#links - Enjoy! :)

    Hugs, Q xXx

     
  • At 9/08/2006 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    Well, I haven't any nifty finds for this week yet, but I'm in Las Vegas at the moment so who knows what I'll find this weekend! :)

    I love the fall too. It's my favorite season of all!

     
  • At 9/08/2006 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    By the way, I've just linked to your blog on my sidebar, hope you don't mind. I want to remind myself to stop by more frequently to look at all your neat card designs! :)

    Oh, and I haven't seen a recipe from you for my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange in a while. Do you have something that you can share for this week? :)

     
  • At 9/09/2006 03:07:00 AM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said…

    Have fun with your family and friends!
    Fall leaves are wonderful, I am certain you will think of some creative use for them!!

     
  • At 9/10/2006 09:54:00 AM, Blogger explosivekitten said…

    love these! was thinking of making a trip to the craft store today, now you have convinced me. When I see all the autumny, halloween decorations my heart races :) I love it.

    and vintage is the best, as always.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!