follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Sunday, September 10, 2006

how was your weekend?

hope yours was good! it's been raining all weekend & some family was over the whole time...i spent some quality time with my 9 yr. old niece isabel & 5 yr. old nephew nicky, watching the classic flick, roman holiday {isabel's too funny 'cuz she said to me, i wish this movie was in color!} & going to crackerbox palace, a stamp store, & isabel actually having a go at making some stamped items. i gently assisted her in making a b-day card for one of her aunties' (aka my sis) & a halloween treat bag. she reminds me of me when i was that age, 'cuz that's when i got the stamping bug! she had a blast...& mission accomplished is all i can say. i think we've got another future crafty girl in the making, yipee! then my mom made my fave "flip" dish (that's my family's lingo for "filipino", lol), which i totally devoured! can i say "yum!">>>i miss my mom's awesome cooking!...i also have been working rather diligently in my studio to start creating stuff for my etsy shop, finishing up some thank you & swap cards, as well as gesso-ing & painting some kiddie board books that i plan to alter, among a kajillion other things...so my blogging time this weekend was limited...i even attended a meeting with the local herb society that i belong to & it was the first one since i joined the group back in may! the other times i either had yoga class or had other prior commitments...it was nice to finally meet many of the members, place names with faces, etc... another eventful thing that happened to me this weekend is that i got one of my custom rubber stamp order ready for pick-up! & it sure is wicked cute!!!! my mom, niece & hubby were thinking so too. mom's like, you were a beautiful baby! & i said, so i'm not now?, lol! mom just laughed, you know what i mean, you really were a beautiful baby! of course, she IS biased... i came up with this design {crown & all} & john over at the crackerbox palace made this up for me! boy, am i ever so pleased! i wish you could have seen the sheer joy on my face when carmen handed me my little stamp! i placed a few more orders & can't wait to see how they turn out! this is what i plan to enclose with a purchase of something from my someday soon etsy shop! i am working very hard to get stuff ready, especially before i head out to maine at the end of the month!!!! as you can see, BUSY, BUSY weekend for this firstborn daughter. & ALL of it is wicked GOOD! Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • At 9/10/2006 11:21:00 PM, Blogger kerry said…

    sounds like a great weekend... what is an herb society?

     
  • At 9/11/2006 06:41:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Baumiller said…

    What a full weekend you had! Sounds mighty fun! Love that rubber stamp! So cool!

     
  • At 9/11/2006 01:57:00 PM, Anonymous looney said…

    hooray!!!!! didn't i warn you that you'd have great company over the weekend?! isa and nicky totally were excited to know that they were going to visit you this weekend...so glad that y'all spent quality time...isn't isa amazing...i knew from the start that she had creativity when she started wigglin' and singin' when she was a wee babe! thanks for taking her to craft...she's truly one of us, huh? i also miss mom's home-cooked meals...mmmmm...you're soooo lucky! what a fantastic stamp for your new shoppe! i love the design and of course the cutie lil' bebe-so adorable!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo looney

     
  • At 9/11/2006 03:07:00 PM, Blogger andria said…

    That is an awesome stamp. I would love to have one done with my kids on it.

     
  • At 9/11/2006 09:19:00 PM, Blogger melba said…

    The stamp is so cute MaryAnn; I love it!
    Can't wait to see your ETSY store!

     
  • At 9/12/2006 04:50:00 PM, Anonymous Michel Murphy said…

    You sure make one cute rubber stamp. I thought that might have been you when you enclosed this picture with all the cool stuff you sent me. You are a knockout!

     
  • At 10/25/2006 06:20:00 PM, Blogger Judy Scott said…

    how much I have missed!!!! Congratulations, I love love love the rubber stamp and think its a brilliant idea, I wish you the best of good fortunes and lots of love in your new project, you will be a success, ugs Jude xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!