follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

immigrant sisters

with someone is self-portrait challenge's month-long theme. for this week, i chose a snap of my sis looney {aka jo} & me taken this past weekend. we are "irish twins", born 11 months apart. our mother says that looney was born to be my "playmate">>>someone i could play with when we immigrated to the us so many moons ago. i was about 2 & looney was 1 when we came over. jo & i were inseparable back in the day... & even to this day, despite living a state apart, we remain very close. our folks like to retell stories about how mischievious we both were (though i have no recollection of this!)>>> how i was the "brain" & looney was the "braun"...my parents, who were in their early twenties at the time, were constantly locking up cupboards, doors & windows...according to them, the two of us got into all sorts of mischief. i guess we kept them on their toes! my mother, i'm told, recalled how she witnessed me stepping onto looney's back to undo the chain link on the door. caught in the act! & we often got busted by neighbors who would invariably spot the two of us little rugamuffins across the street at the public park, where the playground was! & we lived on a wicked busy street! i honestly do not remember escaping to the park with my sister...but they say we did that...A LOT! my sis looney was my very 1st buddy, playmate & (according to my folks) co-conspirator of mischief. and my parents (with help from above) couldn't have planned that more perfectly. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 9/19/2006 10:59:00 AM, Blogger melba said…

    Great pictures and what fun to have a little playmate your whole life. My brother and I are Irish Twins too! We are pretty close, but not as close as I am with my sister who is 3 years older. something about sisters right!?

     
  • At 9/19/2006 05:13:00 PM, Blogger Deb R said…

    You both look like you're having fun in the photo!

     
  • At 9/20/2006 09:52:00 AM, Anonymous looney said…

    you're so right, melba! there's such an unexplainable closeness with my sisters and our only bro...i love them all-so lucky to have them in my life...love you reya, lobby, bo pippin & merman...nicknames go a long way here in our fam...) xoxo looney

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!