follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Thursday, September 14, 2006

mixed media memoirs

this is my effort for this week's mixed media memoirs. it was inspired by the book, true balance, the book that i'm collectively reading headed by blog sista, melba. it's a non-fiction book about exploring the world of chakras...the group discussion is currently focusing on the 1st chakra foundation or root. i have written my observations in several prior posts, so i won't rehash...in response to this week's mmm topic, when i don't honor myself, i find myself off balance. whenever i cater to other people's wants & needs at the expense of my own, if i beat myself over some minor thing or i succomb to negative thoughts & depression, i am not feeling balanced. i've said it before many times, but it is true for me>>>yoga helps to ground me & remind me to honor myself. i try to remember that whenever i feel unbalanced. it's not a good thing to dishonor one's self. we need to be gentle & respect our whole self, inside & out. once we we accept that, then balance is restored. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At 9/14/2006 03:51:00 PM, Blogger melba said…

    Wow you have been a creative girl today!
    I love your timeline and thanks for making it easier to read.

    I love seeing all your creative challenges.
    Yoga grounds me too I just have to find some time to do it!
    Now I have to go check out your ETSY store. Way to go!!!

     
  • At 9/14/2006 07:04:00 PM, Blogger Jamie said…

    What a beautiful image. I love how it captures both the imbalance and the balance. And I agree with you wholeheartedly about honouring yourself as being absolutely key to balance. Great pic. Great insight.

     
  • At 9/16/2006 08:49:00 AM, Blogger Sacred Suzie said…

    This is wonderful! I adore the image and the sentiment, particularly about yoga. It's changed my life and I am not me without it. It's one of the few things that immediately grounds me and is just for me. I'm so glad it's helping you too!

     
  • At 9/18/2006 11:50:00 AM, Blogger Jana B said…

    That's definately true... my friend always says "If I don't take care of myself, who will?" I'm learning to take that advice to heart. :)

     
  • At 9/21/2006 08:27:00 AM, Anonymous looney said…

    what a neat mmm! love the colors, the image and phrases...such truth...your bloggin sista, melba's mmm and her creativity is absolutely breathtaking and out of this world...love everyone's creations! xoxo looney

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!