follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Thursday, September 21, 2006

oops, i almost forgot!

my head is spinning about a 100 mph as i try to get ready for my trip (it's a production, bec. i not only have to pack for myself, but also i have to get stuff ready for dh as he will have to fend for himself for the whole week!)...anywhoo, it occured to me as i was loading the washing machine that i forgot to post a reminder about the cookie (recipe) swap!!!! yikes! well, right now there are about 16 ladies + moi signed up for this cookie swap that i am hosting...i'm still taking names until october 1st. if you are at all interested, please let me know either via email or go to the flickr group i created...the deal is sharing a cookie recipe (or two, three, whatever you wish) with a swap partner & putting your recipes in some sort of decorated/embellished container (see above pic of what i made out of paper lunch sacks)...you can be simple or elaborate as you like...now, if you want to swap cookies, that is totally up to you & your swap partner...it's not a requirement! the main thing is to craft some sort of decorated holder for your cookie recipe cards. not that bad, i don't think... when i return from my trip, i will begin pairing names...if there is an odd #, then i will be the swap partner for the extra person(s)... once i pair up folks & send you your swap partner 411, then you have until the week after thanksgiving (i think that's what i've said in flickr) to about the 1st week of december to mail your recipe cards and/or goodies...that's it in a nutshell. so c'mon, what are ya waiting for? i know you want to pour some {holiday} sugar! toodles! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 9/22/2006 04:06:00 AM, Blogger Suzie Q said…

    oooh..I missed wyswig again! Not to worry - you have a great trip, Mary Ann! Safe journey(s), and I'll catch you when you get back.

    Take Care.
    Suzie xXx

     
  • At 9/22/2006 06:27:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    hi there, I am thinking about the cookie swap, still thinking of an idea I can follow through on and be as creative as all of you! thinking..I will get back to you! Have a great trip!!!!

     
  • At 9/25/2006 01:23:00 AM, Blogger Sacred Suzie said…

    I can hardly wait! It's so nice to meet other people who enjoy baking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!