follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, September 08, 2006

tools of the trade

this is this week's theme for studio friday...we've had similar topics such as "working hands", "art supplies" & "robots" before, but today i share with you some tools that i find myself using a bit more lately...there are too many items to name in the snap below, so just click on image to enlarge & feast your eyes...i also would be at a loss if i didn't have access to my die cut machine {big shot} as well as paper, die {hidden under the pink print cardstock}, ribbons, good ol' fashioned glue, embellishments like these sweet flower sequins & of course, scissors... if i didn't have these at my disposal, then how could i make this card? yep, tools are essential for art-making! no doubt about that! wanna come take a peek at other artists' studios & see what kind of tools they use? okay, let's go here. Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

  • At 9/08/2006 07:54:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Baumiller said…

    How marvelous! I am so glad to see what tools you use! This is great! Thank you for sharing! I need to get one of those paper cutters...I am a bit shakey at cutting straight lines LOL I absolutely adore the card you made! It is beautiful!

     
  • At 9/08/2006 08:36:00 AM, Blogger melba said…

    I have never used a dye cut machine. I don't really get it but I see it and all the attachments in A.C.Moore.
    I also noticed you use a black sponge applicator with a wooden handle. I bought about 300 already for justBe beecause once a month they go on sale for 20 for one dollar! Isn't that a great price? I use them for everything...

    Love your picks!!!

     
  • At 9/08/2006 12:30:00 PM, Anonymous Carrie Sommer said…

    Wow - your tools make beautiful things! I'm obsessed with the notion of paper crafts, but have no time - this was lovely to see!

     
  • At 9/08/2006 09:28:00 PM, Anonymous looney said…

    such beauty!!!!!!!! that dress is absolutely gorgeous! the colors and the patterns are so well made...your big shot and your creativity work perfectly together!xoxo looney

     
  • At 9/08/2006 09:52:00 PM, Blogger Going For Greatness said…

    I, too, love my acrylics, inks and my diecut machine ( I have a quickutz) Without them I would be pretty darn pathetic!!
    I joined your cookie swap and I'm psyched!!
    have a great weekend!
    XO
    Gabi

     
  • At 9/08/2006 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said…

    I love this card! Did I tell you that I got a Pink Squeeze last month. I love it! I still have to go buy some more dies for it but I use the Oliva alphabet all the time for card making. :)

     
  • At 9/09/2006 12:40:00 AM, Anonymous Dai said…

    Lucky you!! i want a diecut machine someday too!

     
  • At 9/09/2006 08:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anke said…

    Yes tools are important! Fun card!

     
  • At 9/09/2006 10:57:00 AM, Blogger APlanet4Creation said…

    Cool tools! Nice to add a finished project too.

     
  • At 9/09/2006 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Ouissi Gresty said…

    Lovely selection of tools...would love to try a die cutting machine...

    Ouissi x

     
  • At 9/09/2006 06:02:00 PM, Blogger MarylandMommy said…

    Simply fabulous.....

     
  • At 9/12/2006 02:49:00 AM, Anonymous Belinda said…

    fun tools! and just wanted to comment on the gorgeous decorated mannequin. excellent use of ribbons. love the color combination and just everything!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!