follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Friday, October 20, 2006

friday's finds

for this week's friday's finds, i went on a hunt for vintage xmas paraphernalia...as i'm participating in ellia's vintage christmas swap... the tinsel tree is not old, but it looks kinda retro-y, don't you think? i bought that tree (on sale) at hobby lobby. i found these vintage pink glass & satin ornaments (on the left) as well as this cute light-up angel (from the 80s, i think), sweet little deer figurine & these cute retro magnets from one of my local haunts, carousel consignments ...the other ornaments & the star topper (on the right) are new (also bought on sale at hobby lobby), but i thought they would go with this funky silver tree...hope my swap partner will like this! then i found these neat vintage-y looking santas (also i believe from the 80s)...i found these (& the following items below) at another of my fave local haunts, campus antiques mall... & struck the mother lode on these vintage holiday postcards (many of them were a mere .25 cents!!!!)...umm, you betcha those creative juices are flowing! & just for my sis looney, who laments that she never finds any cool vintage-y stuff (she's participating in ellia's swap too)>>>there you go my dear!!!! what are your cool finds this week? oh please do show & tell>>>either by leaving a comment with your link or posting your treasures in flickr. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 10/20/2006 03:32:00 PM, Anonymous angelica torrez said…

    GIRLLLLLLLLLL you struck the jackpot... You go girl... You can start selling christmas collage sheets on your etsy shop.... P.S. I am off to the post office to mail you a package...

    love angie

     
  • At 10/21/2006 06:35:00 AM, Blogger Suzie Q said…

    wow, mary ann! you are the queen of finds! :D Fantastic assortment you got there - I love those vintage cards, especially. Hope you're having a great weekend :D

    Hugs, Q xXx

     
  • At 10/21/2006 07:14:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Baumiller said…

    OMG! I am absolutely green over here LOL...What great finds! I hear hobby lobby calling my name hehe...I love those tinsel trees....oh I need to go treasure hunting now! Wheres that hubby of mine LOL

     
  • At 10/22/2006 01:43:00 PM, Blogger Raesha D said…

    I love everything I found!! I'm participating in Green Bean Baby's swap too and have been on the hunt all over town:):)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!