follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Monday, November 20, 2006

in loving memory

(april 2, 1912 - november 20, 2006) dear grandma b, i know that distance & language barriers have prevented us to be close. but i hope you know now that i will always remember & love you. you were of a different generation & different culture, & while i did not understand or mistook your ways as overly strict or strange, i realize now that you loved us the best that you knew how. your loving daughter, my mom, is on her way to see you & she will make sure you will be properly laid to rest. she will also make sure your memory will be kept alive & passed on down the generations. i will do the same to the best of my ability & memory. grandma, know that my wish for you now is that you may now rest in peace. love your firstborn granddaughter, mary ann xoxoxo Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

  • At 11/21/2006 06:06:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    what a beautiful tribute to your lovely grandmother. You are a wonderful daughter to be there for your mother. I can only imagine how hard it is to see your mom go over there again, but know that we are all praying and thinking of her on her journey...and you while you wait behind for her to come home....

     
  • At 11/21/2006 07:14:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Baumiller said…

    Beautiful tribute Mar! I am sending you loving hugs and prayers! I love you my friend!

     
  • At 11/21/2006 07:40:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Mary ann, I'm so sorry. Your words were beautiful. Love and prayers to you and your family.

     
  • At 11/21/2006 08:37:00 AM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    I'm sorry for your loss Mary Ann. Your grandmother would be very proud of the tribute paid to her. Your family is in my prayers.

     
  • At 11/21/2006 09:45:00 AM, Blogger Raesha D said…

    What a beautiful picture of your grandmother. I am sending you thoughts of peace at this time. I love you!

     
  • At 11/21/2006 10:39:00 AM, Anonymous looney said…

    thank you so much, reya, for coming down...it meant so much to mom to see your beautiful face and to feel your comforting arms around her! it was also wonderful that the "fab 5" (you, lobes, merman, bo & me) really came through and we were all there for our loving mom in her time of need!!! your memorial to lola b. is so hearfelt that i can't stop the tears from overflowing...i love you to the core, my dear sis...looney xoxo

     
  • At 11/21/2006 03:18:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Lovely words Mary Ann - I'm sorry for your family's loss. I will be thinking of you!

     
  • At 11/21/2006 04:52:00 PM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said…

    What a stunning beauty of your Grandmother.

    My prayers hold you and your family.

     
  • At 11/21/2006 06:43:00 PM, Blogger JUST ME said…

    Mary Ann, I am sorry to hear about your Grand mama.....I will keep praying for you and and your family...

    Love ya,

    Angelica

     
  • At 11/21/2006 08:40:00 PM, Blogger firstborn said…

    hi all you wonderful ladies! your loving & comforting words mean so much to me & my family.

    thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

    mary ann xoxoxoxoxo

     
  • At 11/23/2006 03:15:00 AM, Blogger Judy Scott said…

    a beautiful tribute, sending all my love to you, Jude xxxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!