follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

life goes on

it's been a trying last couple of days...a death in the family can really SOBER one up mighty fast, let me tell ya! it never fails to point out your own mortality...yeh, quite SOBERING indeed. i was so physically & emotionally wrecked out since learning of the news...but my conscience is clear that i was there for my mom in her, what's got to be, heart/gut-wrenching, time of NEED. i wasn't up to doing much when i got home yesterday & not even today either...i took a pass on my yoga class (& i rarely do that)>>>all i wanted to do was SLEEP. but something told me to get my a** outta bed & deal with the world. so i took a shower, got dressed & decided to dust off the cobwebs from my make-up bag & fix my face (somewhat)...my flimsy attempt at self-portrait's challenge>>>glam... i guess, i do look LIVELY with some color on me, lol! {but it's soooooooooo much easier to go make-up less!>>>that's my lazy ol' self talkin'!}... i just realized that when i look at my self-portrait that i have the same dark piercing eyes as my mom & grandma...whoa! & something my sis looney said to me: we are connected to grandma bec. she bore mom who bore us! i was not particularly close to my gm, as i have previously mentioned...but my sis' words just echoed in my mind...& then i came up with this simple collage>>> i guess you can call this a daily affirmation for me...to not ever forget where i came from. Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • At 11/22/2006 05:59:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    I really wish I could wear lipstick, my lips break out.. you look lovely....and your collage....so beautiful..I hope you send it to your mother....I hope that the relatives over there read your blog and your wonderful tributes...maybe send some of them cards with your beautiful art work with your grandmothers memories..too pretty not to...

     
  • At 11/22/2006 08:18:00 AM, Blogger melba said…

    I have been thinking of your post all night. I don't really get along with my maternal grandmother, but you really made me think aboput her legacy and how we all have one. My grandmother is jewish, but no one else in my family is. I think I will make Mondel bread like my grandmother use to for Thanksgiving. I have to find her recipe. I will let you know how it goes. thanks for the inspiration!!!

    have a lovely Thanksgiving!!!

    XOXO,
    Melba

     
  • At 11/22/2006 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Baumiller said…

    Hey beautiful! I love how your dealing with this and moving on! Another beautiful tribute to show who you are and where you came from! Big hugs to you and lots of love! Best wishes at Thanksgiving!
    Nance

     
  • At 11/22/2006 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Your post is very moving - it reminded me of my grandparents and my aunt who have passed away. This will be the first holiday for me without Aunt Charlene, and I'm realizing just how big that is.

    I love your collage. You do look so much like your mother, and grandmother. Your heritage shines through. I think I may take your idea and try making something similar to honor Grandmother and Aunt Charlene.

     
  • At 11/22/2006 07:38:00 PM, Blogger Rohanknitter said…

    I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, I hope your mom is doing okay and that her trip over there went smoothly.
    Nice picture!

     
  • At 11/23/2006 02:02:00 AM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said…

    Blessings of healing and hope to you.

     
  • At 11/23/2006 04:20:00 PM, Anonymous looney said…

    you are soooooo beautiful!!!!!!!! inside and out, with or without make-up...plain and simple you are soooooooooo beautiful and we love you just the way you are!

    i agree with everyone here, the collage is heartwarming and mom would especially love to have one-you're the best!!! xoxo looney

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!