follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Sunday, November 19, 2006

mom's day out

hi all! i so appreciate all your kind & loving well-wishes especially for my mom! i am typing this from my sis looney's 'puter & she uploaded these pics of our day out with mom. since i got to chicago she had been crying her eyes out & today, she was laughing & smiling...though i know that her heart is heavy. my sis looney, her two chitlins & i took our mom out for some holiday shopping & an early "thanksgiving" dinner. i know that mom so appreciated us spending the day with her...she has a long road ahead. her flight leaves tomorrow morning & it will be a laborious journey. my aunt called mom last night to tell us of grandma's condition. she thinks (my aunt) that grandma is waiting for my mom to arrive. mom is grandma's power of attorney & she knows that grandma does not want any heroic measures. there is intracranial bleeding & they found a large tumor as well. prognosis looks grim. my grandmother turned 94 last march & thankfully mom spent time with her when she & my dad were vacationing there earlier this year. we all want grandma to no longer suffer. i can't even (don't want to) imagine how i would be if i were in the same position as my mom's! my sibs & i have told mom that grandma had a long life & that soon she will be with her Maker. she won't be suffering any more & that she will join other beloved family members, like our sweet precious angel sinead & my other grandmother (my dad's mom). anyhoo, didn't mean to get so deep, these are some pics my sis took of our lovely day. we went to some cute antique shops that were having a holiday event & we had fun oohing & ahhing all the lovely goodies....drool, drool, drool, lol! me drooling over some super cute xmas items... the twins enjoying this beautifully decorated tree... my sis looney took this pic of me taking a closer look at this mantel display... looney & her ian... looney & her shioban... me & mom... we love you so much mom!!!!! safe journey to you & may God keep you from harm's way. please give grandma our love. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

5 Comments:

  • At 11/20/2006 04:57:00 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    I am thinking of you and you mom and her mom....what a wonderful famil you have that are there for eachother every step of every way..I have read so much in your blog about your support and love for eachother...how you can make such a beautiful time for eachother during such a stressful and emotional time, your mom is blessed to have such wonderful daughters and grandchildren....

     
  • At 11/20/2006 07:31:00 AM, Anonymous NancyB said…

    Great to hear you all got to spend some fun time together! Hugs for you! Extra big hugs for Mom! Many prayers! Love you!

     
  • At 11/20/2006 08:03:00 AM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    it was so nice that you were able to take your mom's mind off of the heartache for a while and share some smiles with her, you can see the love in your family through the pictures. your family is in my thoughts.

     
  • At 11/20/2006 10:03:00 AM, Blogger melba said…

    You and your family are so beautiful.

    Hi Jo! I love seeing pictures of your kids!

    I am glad you are getting to spend some time all together.

    You are a good sister and daughter Mary Ann.

    Thinking of you!

    XO,
    Melba

     
  • At 11/20/2006 10:12:00 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Mary Ann! I'm sending good thoughts toward you and your family. I know this will be a difficult trip for your mom - and for you and your sisters as you think of her with your grandma. I'm glad you got to spend the time with her before she left!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!