follow your bliss

we don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here -susan l. taylor

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

sometimes 2 heads are better than 1

my red entry for this week's self-portrait challenge...pardon the visual pun, but sometimes it is better to have 2 heads than 1! especially if you're trying to solve a crossword puzzle for example. i had an elderly patient once who was very fond of crosswords>>> he was forever saying how crossword puzzles stave off alzheimer's... & whenever i did therapy with this patient, he & i would work on puzzles together & he often would say that phrase! many times we would finish the puzzle in the hour therapy session...so, yes, i'd say that that saying rings true. & as for my thoughts about red, well, i'm more of a pink sort of gal, but if i'm needing to feel confident or strong, i don the red. & wouldn't you know, i feel vibrant when i wear red. go ahead & try it...you'll see what i mean. Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

  • At 12/19/2006 01:01:00 AM, Blogger melba said…

    I like the angles of your face. I am very sleepy as i stayed up to post my SPC, but when I saw your name on the link list on the SPC site I had to stop by and say hi!
    Now it is off to bed!

     
  • At 12/19/2006 01:11:00 AM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said…

    Mary ann

    Wonderful you!! Thank you so very much for your delightful creative artwork!

     
  • At 12/19/2006 12:41:00 PM, Blogger sknittymama said…

    Great picture, Mary Ann! It's almost hard to tell if it's two different pictures, or the same on at a different angle. . . I agree totally about the color red, in fact, this challenge has inspired me to wear red all the time! It IS so vibrant. . .

     
  • At 12/19/2006 01:19:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    This is a great photo! I love seeing all the different entries - I am buying myself a digital camera next week! Maybe I'll play too! :)

     
  • At 12/19/2006 01:59:00 PM, Blogger ScrapHappy said…

    I'm a crossword puzzle addict!!!!
    LOVE them. But I only do the Sunday NYTimes. I'm picky. :)
    xoxoxo
    :

     
  • At 12/19/2006 03:51:00 PM, Blogger Deb R said…

    Love the effect you achieved with this...very cool!

     
  • At 12/19/2006 04:21:00 PM, Anonymous sage said…

    great effect with the two images; well done!

    sage

     
  • At 12/19/2006 04:40:00 PM, Anonymous Michel said…

    This turned out beautifully. You should be proud of itA!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Swap-bot swap: Valentine's Day Swap
I swap with Swap-bot!